High School AUs Part 2

A/N: These are separate universes. Or timelines. Whichever you want.

a student catches us texting to each other in class oh how the tables have turned au

David glanced down at his phone and smiled.

From: Joshua💚: Hey! 😘

To: Joshua💚: Aren't you supposed to be teaching and doing your job?

From Joshua💚: They're taking a quiz. And I don't have anything to grade and I'm bored....

To: Joshua💚: Aw, sorry babe. Can't do anything though.

From: Joshua💚: Meh, well, at least you're texting me. That's something.😜

To: Joshua💚: Aw, love you.

From: Joshua💚: 💖

To: Joshua💚: That's actually not the gayest thing you've done. If you know what I mean😘

From Joshua💚: Shut up. You're at work.

"Who's Joshua?"

David jumped, nearly dropping his phone. "Oh! Uh, hey Ivy. Are you done your test?"

"Yeah, but that doesn't answer my question."

"He's, uh, my-"

"Boyfriend?"

"Um, yeah."

"Wait, isn't that Mr. Ovenshire? The physics teacher?"

David rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "Maybe. Go sit down."

He grabbed his phone.

To: Joshua💚: Crap. I may or may not have just let a student know of our relationship.

From: Joshua💚: Was it Ivy?

To Joshua💚: How'd you know?

From: Joshua💚: I figured it out. Cuz I'm smart and shit. I have to go, Love you.

To: Joshua💚: Love you too.

David collected all the tests, and walked to the front of the room. "Okay, the quizzes look good, but let's see if some of you know what wasn't on the test. What's up Julia?"

"Are you and Mr. Ovenshire dating?"

David sighed, looking at the ceiling. "Yes, we are. I don't see what that has to do with the Civil War."

He turned back to the board and began writing some questions.