Morning Conversation

Prompt from otpprompts: Imagine person A, the smaller one, sleeping on top of person B. Person B believes that Person A makes a very fine blanket.

Joshua yawned softly as he slowly came to, mentally cursing the sun. The light that he knew was going to blind him (more so than he usually was, anyway) was the first thing he noticed. The second thing he noticed was the strange weight on top of him.

Shielding his eyes with a hand, Joshua slowly opened his eyes. Bright orange hair was directly in front of his face, and after a few seconds of confusion, he realized David had somehow ended up on him during the night. It was strangely comfortable, and he smiled as he kissed the top of David's head.

David nuzzled into Joshua's chest, a sleepy smile on his face. Joshua wrapped his arms around David's midsection, holding him close. He could feel the heat radiating off of David's body. Joshua sighed in content, hearing David's quiet breathing was oddly calming.

After about 10 minutes of that position, David began to wake up. He groaned quietly and buried his face into Joshua's chest, mumbling something about not wanting to be awake ever. Joshua laughed quietly, brushing David's hair from his forehead. "Good morning."

David yawned and lifted his head, to look up at Joshua. "Mornin'"

Joshua kissed David's forehead again, a small smile forming on David's face. Joshua gently prodded David off of his body and sat up. David pushed himself into a sitting position and leaned against Joshua. "I ever tell you you're extremely comfortable?"

Joshua laughed, resting his head on top of David's. "No. I ever tell you you're a great blanket?"

"Uh, no, but thank you."

Joshua took David's hand, running his thumb across the knuckles. David smiled and leaned over and kissed Joshua, who smiled and returned the kiss.

When they pulled away, David made a face. "Okay, go brush your teeth. You've got morning breath."

Joshua rolled his eyes and lightly shoved David's shoulder. "I could say the same for you."

David sighed dramatically. "You hurt me." He then crawled behind Joshua, and clung to his back. "Go. Carry me."

Joshua swung his legs over the side of the bed. "Only cuz I love you."

Wrapping his arms around Joshua's neck, David smiled. "Love you too. Now mush!"

A/N: Thank you for 11,000 reads!  Holy crap guys.  I remember celebrating 300 less than 6 months ago.  I can't thank you all enough!