seven.

HARRY'S POV

HARRY'S POV.

After a long night, the stars disappeared as the sun came up, bidding the night adieu. Sounds of birds chirped out the window while the sun's rays beamed through the slightly worn down blinds, abruptly awakening me from my slumber. I laid on my side with the blanket messily placed over my face, hiding away from the newfound light. The heat of the sun made my body shift uncomfortably on top of it all. I hated sleeping when it was hot, and I hated it even more when the sun was the one to wake me up.

Adjusting to sleeping on Earth was annoying. Back home, we never saw the sun. We had lights, sure, but never sunlight. My first morning on this planet, I felt like my eyes were burning, and it was way too hot for my own comfort. I cursed myself for thinking that a sweater and pair of jeans would be comfortable enough to wear in my day-to-day life here.

I mumbled, licking over my chapped lips as I pushed the blankets off of me, gawking towards the window that the sun shone through with a squint. I dreaded today already. I had multiple classes to go to and the only upside to it was getting to go to the planetarium afterwards.

When I got out of bed, my shoulders slumped as I padded into the bathroom to begin my morning. I had a small routine that was given to me through my parent's list–brush my teeth, wash my face, and empty my bladder. It was a simple routine, but it was hard to mess up because of it. The physical freshness brought a sense of mental freshness along with it.

Fresh body meant a fresh day.

It was nice to have a place to myself—not needing to share it with anyone else. I made sure to thank my mother for that last week when I saw her. The apartment was fairly small, but I didn't mind it.

Although, it was far more quaint than what I was used to. It was much different than the luxuries of what my home in the stars had. The golden intricate details that sparkled against the moonlight to the bookcase that outstretched across an entire wall. I also missed my bed, even if I hardly used it outside of my human form.

The apartment I lived in now came furnished. I had a reasonably sized bed, a couch that made my body sink into its cushions every time I sat on it, and a vase of fake flowers scattered throughout the rooms.

The couch was my favorite of it all. It was plush, almost as if it was stuffed to the brim with feathers. It did take some adjusting with how lax everything was. While it wasn't anything near my favorite couch back home in my parent's office, it was close enough for the time being.

I pushed back my messy hair, pursing my lips as I stared into the mirror. My fingers traced down my jaw as they pushed into my skin. It was weird living in a human body; their skin was so tight yet stretchy at the same time. I found myself touching my skin a lot, amazed at how different everything was compared to my home planet.

When I finished in the bathroom, I rummaged through my closet to pick out what I was going to wear. Ultimately, I picked out an old band t-shirt with faded lettering and a pair of black slacks. After staring too long in the mirror, I decided I needed a cardigan to pair with it, too.