twenty-one.

HARRY'S POV

HARRY'S POV

The sun cascaded over the side of my face, warming my skin in an effort to wake me. My eyes were pinched shut as my mind sparked back up in the early morning. The memories of last night flooded my half awake self, which caused my tired eyes to peak open into half lidded slits. Last night felt like a half nightmare, half dream and I almost didn't believe it until my vision focused on Aurora's torso that I was tangled up with.

Last night really did happen.

There was a moment where I thought that it was some sort of fever dream, maybe my mind was playing tricks on me, but I was really there with Aurora. My head was resting in the crook of her arm with my arms wrapped around her torso while she slept on her back. One of her hands rested on my hip, just to know that I was there, that that wasn't a dream for her either.

We were really there with one another.

My arms wrapped tighter around her as my gaze fixated on her resting features. This was a sight that I never thought I would see ever again. My chest was heavier this morning, much more than last night, because I never thought that I would be here with my Aurora again. Last night Leon did something out of character and went against our father to put my happiness first.

It made me wonder if he wished that he had someone to do that with Mathilde. If he had a glimpse of hope that someone would do the same thing for him. The softer side of him was never evident, but I got to experience that last night, and for that I felt like we had grown closer to one another.

I felt my body start to sweat from the sun beating down on us. When I first started coming down to Earth, I was always excited for the sun to come up, because that was when the humans came out to socialize and I got to experience life just like them. But this morning was different and there was a longing dread of the sun beating down on us, I figured because it was another reminder that my days with Aurora were limited when I wanted to spend a lifetime with her.

My elbow propped my body up as I carefully slid out of my dove's arms and leaned back towards the window that was behind us. With two fingers, I pinched the curtains and pulled them closed until the sun was shielded from the black out pieces of cloth and slinked down back into the arms of my lover. The lack of sun really made a difference, I immediately felt the room start to cool.

The dampness of my clothes and body temperature didn't stop me from retreating back into Aurora's arms. Her warmth was different from the sun's, it was a comforting kind, one that I would forever be delighted to sweat in. I flickered my gaze back to her face, a small smile on my face. I had never watched humans sleep before, but I had heard of sleeping beauty. It was some sort of animation that smaller humans liked to watch. I wondered to myself if she was the sleeping beauty that they were talking about.

She very well could have been to me.

Her chest was floating upwards and downwards with each breath she took from her button nose. The strings of hair fell past her ears, but some were cascading down her cheekbones and resting nicely. How could someone be so beautiful while they slept? It reminded me of the times that I would wake up in my apartment alone and find myself looking in the mirror to bags under my eyes and this ungodly hair that grew on my face. I was often disgusted with my human body, but I was figuring out how it worked, but she made it seem so effortless. She was a princess, in all her glory, she didn't need to apply any efforts to her looks because she was truly the most perfect thing I had ever seen in my time of living.