seventeen.

AURORA'S POV

AURORA'S POV

The crisp morning air woke me up, creating goosebumps on my skin as I became more aware of my surroundings. Birds chirped around me, and for a moment I had forgotten that I had fallen asleep outside. Or even what had happened last night. It was like a really weird dream that lasted for hours.

With my hands tucked to my chest, I nuzzled into the body that laid next to me as the breeze brushed past us. It was bitterly cold, reminding me that the fall was morphing into the next season of winter. I liked this time of the year, but hated how cold it got. However, the warmth of the person that held me tightly was warming enough to make my heart flutter at this early hour.

But then I realized.

My eyes shot open, but my body stayed still. I blinked hard, looking at the faded out band shirt that my face was nuzzled into. I let out a shallow breath as my head craned up towards the face of the body. Harry had his nose tucked into my hair with his arms wrapped tightly around my torso. For a moment, I forgot that I had even fallen asleep with him. I felt his hot breath that spread onto the scalp of my head, my hand placing onto his chest softly.

I hadn't even noticed that he had given me most of the blankets. He did say that the cold reminded him of home, but I didn't think he was going to give me all of the blankets, leaving him none to spare. I wondered if he was freezing right now, just like how I was.

Memories of last night flooded my brain the more that I laid there, eyes wandering around the body that I was tucked into. Last night was so much fun. I felt so refreshed, but at the same time, I felt a bit hungover. Nothing like acid to cure my foggy brain, but the weed to make it ten times harder to wake up the next morning. It was a reason why I preferred not to smoke on nights that I had classes.

I never wanted to wake up the next morning.

Rubbing my eye with my knuckle, I used my elbow to slowly lift myself up to search around the bed of the truck. Nina and Ryan were still nowhere to be found. A frown etched onto my lips, anxiety suddenly spreading through my chest. What if they really had gotten lost? We tried to find them last night, but it was so dark and each call of their name followed pure silence. I chalked it up to them either having too much fun together, or they were asleep in their own cocoon of leaves.

I felt Harry start to toss from beside me, his large hand resting on my hip as he squeezed it carefully. His eyes were still shut, his lips smacking together. I must've woken him up when I sat up, but I tried to be as careful as I could not to wake him. I didn't even know what time it was, but by the looks of it, it seemed to be early in the morning with the way the sun barely rested over the tops of the trees.

I rested back down into his arms, placing my hand onto his to let him know I was still there, and that I wasn't going anywhere without him. At least, I hadn't planned on it. I had no idea where to start the hunt for Nina and Ryan anyway, so I hoped he would wake up soon so we could start. My brain was still so cluttered and foggy that it was hard to focus on a solid plan to begin with.