thirteen.

AURORA'S POV

AURORA'S POV

It had been three days since I last saw Harry; his face bruised into purples and blues like a peach. These last few days I had done nothing but worry about him. Things had been getting a little worse as time went by. It was like riding a rollercoaster where you had that nervous feeling of the climb, and when they held you at the top before you dropped, you could feel your heart pick up with the uneasiness of the unknown. When was the rollercoaster going to drop?

That was where we stood. At the top of a rollercoaster with our hands clutching the bar tightly, while our rapid breaths prayed for an easy fall. You take chances when you're on a rollercoaster. Either the ride goes the way you want it to, or there is a loose screw in the trail that sets everything sideways.

The worst part about being on a rollercoaster is that once you're on it and it starts moving, there's no way for you to get off. Once you're on, you can't get off until the end.

It was anxiety inducing. I feared the unknown, and right now, I didn't know if Harry had even made it home safely. Although, I truly wouldn't blame him if he decided to stay home and run from the shit show. But, I didn't think he would do that, because although he was fragile like said peach, he was also strong minded. He was possibly the smartest–thing? Human? I had ever come across. Whatever he was.

He constantly fed my mind, telling me stories of his homeland, or the Greeks that he grew up with. Things that other people wouldn't lay with their back to the grass and talk about for hours. Harry had stories, and if asked, he would proudly tell it with a grin on his face.

Because that was just who he was 

He was Harry.

"...And your dad said 'well I think that Aurora would like to visit the cave sometime,' and I kept telling him that you aren't into crystals like you used to be, but he refuses to listen to anything–"

"That's not true, I was listening, it's just that I didn't believe you." My dad said through the phone. His voice sounded farther in the distance, but that never stopped him from eavesdropping.

I shook myself out of my thoughts, coming back to the realization that I was on FaceTime with my parents. I hadn't talked to them in so long; it had been a month since I had actually had time to video chat with them. Typically it was once a week, but with school just starting again, it was hard to keep up with it.

So, we just texted a lot.

"Oh, yeah." I chuckled, shaking my head at them both. "I mean, mom is right, dad. I'm not into crystals like I used to be. If I were, I would be going to school for geology and not science and astronomy."

"Told you!" Mom laughed out, pointing her finger over towards my dad. Sometimes I hated FaceTiming her because she always held the phone no more than six inches away from her face. I could basically see the boogers up her nose with the angle she kept the phone at, and her breathing always blew through the speakers.