fourteen.

AURORA'S POV

AURORA'S POV

The heaviness of my eyelids peaked open, revealing the new morning light encompassing itself throughout the room. Everything looked just as it normally did, minus a clothing item or two that I had lazily slung across the room at some other time.

Everything was normal until I realized that it wasn't. At least not after last night. But, that wasn't the initial shock of realization I had that morning. The issue at the forefront of my newly awakening mind was the fact that there was an empty space beside me on the bed. The indentions of his previously laid body were still evident as I sat up.

The way our pinkies intertwined with one another's throughout the night looped in my mind as I stared at his empty side of the bed. I even recalled waking up in the middle of our slumber to not having moved from the original placement we had fallen asleep in. Maybe that was why I was slightly taken aback upon waking up, I expected us to still have not moved.

I at least hoped he was still here and hadn't gone home yet.

My hand reached up to my face as I rubbed the residual sleepiness out of my eyes. There was still a slight pain in my neck, and I was scared that there was going to be marks. The last thing I needed was to go back on campus with bruises etched all along my throat. I didn't need anyone asking questions over it. I couldn't risk Harry's safety any more than it already had been.

Only now did I realize how much was at stake and how easily life could stop at any moment. No longer did these scenarios feel like a movie plotline or some mystical fairytale. This was real life, and real life had consequences if you didn't make the one right move you needed to. I had to be digilant.

I heard a bark in the distance and my eyes immediately opened wide.

"Astro!" I excitedly said aloud, throwing the covers off my body.

She sat near the bedroom door, her tail wagging vigorously at it. She kept exchanging looks between myself and the door, as if whatever was behind the hunk of wood was more interesting than me.

I laughed as I patted her back. "What could be so important, hm?"

As I swung the door open, the waft of what must have gotten her excited came in. I furrowed my brows as I stuck my nose in the air, trying to decipher what I was smelling. Astro didn't seem to care what it was, because she immediately ran right past to get to the source. I walked slowly after her, still not totally sure if what I was smelling was cause for alarm or excitement.

I knew I was hungry, but depending on what was going on right around the corner, I wasn't sure if it would be much help or not. It was definitely food related and something was definitely burning, but there was still a sweet smell that tried to break through the burnt scent.

The wreckage of last night was still scattered along the living room, with different pieces of furniture either knocked down or involuntarily moved in the process of the fight. The scene I was looking at almost made me want to go hide back in my room, suddenly worried that another light guardian had broken in and started burning my food for some reason.