CHAPTER FIVE (TRUTH OR DARE)

Dream and I are sitting in the hallway with our backs pressed against the wall. It seems to shake from the bass of the music in the reception.

He takes a swig from the whiskey bottle before handing the bottle to me. "So you have issues where you don't make a move.."

I grimace before also taking a sip. "And you have issues where you can't commit."

"Aren't we not the perfect match?" Clay chuckles to himself.

I let out a snort. "Absolutely not."

Clay wheezes at the thought. "I mean, the one who feels nothing and the one who feels too much. We'd be a mess."

"Our communication skills?" I point out, "Out of the question. We would suck as a couple."

Clay smirks as he looks at me. "I mean, you would suck."

I smack his arm. "I hate you."

"That's good. We couldn't have you loving two people."

I hit the back of my head against the wall behind me once. "Don't even get me started."

Clay moves to face me. "Did anything ever even happen between you guys?"

I consider it for a second before nodding slowly, then shaking it.

Clay laughs. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"There was..." I think for a second for the right words. "A moment in time where something almost happened."

"Yikes, almost," Clay says, "That's almost as bad as not happening at all."

"The-"

I'm interrupted by the sound of a door slamming open.

Nick prances out of the door with a staggering George behind him.

"Hello loves," he says in his worst British accent.

George just giggles behind him, not paying attention to the amount of butchering Nick just did to his own accent.

"Aren't you guys having fun?" Clay laughs at the way George clings onto Nick's arm.

"We could say the same about you two." Nick lazily points between Clay and I.

I turn a shade of red. "We don't know what you're talking about."

George rolls his eyes dramatically. "Okay, Jac. We totally believe you."

Nick waves it off. "He's being very sassy tonight. It's the champagne."

"Oh, I'm sure it is." I watch George now click the heels of his shoes together, not being able to focus on one thing.

"Anyways, we're going back to party." Nick jabs a thumb over his shoulder towards the door. Well, the general direction.

"We'll stay here." Clay pats the floor next to him.

Nick nods and starts to walk off before stopping, seeming to remember something. He reaches into his pocket and hands me something, wrapping my fingers around it carefully with a wink.

He and George then giggle as they walk away.

"What was that?" Clay asks, equally as confused as I am.

I hold out the metallic square object that Nick had pressed into my palm. "He gave me a condom."

Clay's wheeze is immediate. "Oh my god. Oh my god." He's hunched over as he attempts to catch his breath. "Why does he even have those?" The thought of Nick actually getting anything causes him to go into another wave of hysteria.