4

Hazels POV

"Co-worker romances"

"No"

"We both are in love with our co-workers"

"You've known of him for two days and haven't even spoke to him yet" I chuckle shaking my head.

"That doesn't matter. He looked at me" Emory whispers on the other end of the phone.

"You're right, that is a completely valid point" I reply sarcastically. "In that case I've been in love with about a thousand guys"

"You are so un-romantic. The least romantic person I know"

"Okay Ems" I lean back in my chair. "First of all I can be romantic and second I don't know how you could love a guy who, one, you don't know and two, haven't even held a conversation with"

"I mean like I obviously don't love love him but I just got that feeling you know? Like I could love him. Plus he's hot. I didn't know anyone who worked in accounting could be this hot" she whispers.

She is whispering because she is currently on break and in the break room at her job. Whereas I am in my own office and trying to enjoy my salad. I realize now that knowing me and Emory have the same lunch time, I should instead eat a full breakfast that will hold me over until dinner.

"You're hot" I point out. "And you're in accounting"

"Seems like a match made in heaven to me. Two hot people in accounting is rare, they should automatically get together right?"

"It's very logical" I chuckle. "What's his name?" I stab my fork into my salad and take a bite.

"Brian"

I scrunch my nose. "That doesn't sound like a very hot name"

"Shut up"

"Can we call him Logan instead? What's the opposite of Logan? We can call him Nagol!" I exclaim.

"Bitch" she deadpans.

"Just a thought" I shrug stuffing another forkful of salad in my mouth. "You know who you should definitely call?"

"Who?" she questions.

"Sophia. She lives for this shit"

"You're right, she is better at this than you" Emory replies a bit more louder now that she doesn't have to whisper.

"I don't understand how you-the least romantic person ever-could bag someone like Logan who literally showers you in romance" she continues from a previous statement.

"I can be romantic" I repeat. "I don't hate romance"

"Name one romantic thing you've done and I'll leave you alone"

"I-" I pause realizing that I in fact have not really done anything romantic for him, at least not when we were in high school.

Does saying I love you count?

"I literally almost died for him, that has to be somewhat romantic" I breathe out.

"In a twisted, extreme way, sure" she replies slowly.

I mean should I be more romantic? Does he want that? Did he want that in high school? Was he just settling?

"Emory!" I yell breaking myself out of my thoughts.

"What?"

"Now you've got me all in my head about not being romantic enough. I'm hanging up the phone"

She mumbles something incoherent before I end the call and put my phone back on my desk. I shake my head and run my hand through my hair.