17

Logans POV

Sweat drips down my forehead as I put the bar back on the rack and sit up. I grab the towel from around my neck and wipe my forehead.

My main guys workout with me, most of us lifting with the exception of Conner who's running on the treadmill. We had a home game yesterday and won 32-0. We only played three games so far this season and won all of them.

Hazel has the day off and so do we, but we never truly have the day off. We always train, always workout, and in a few hours we're going over yesterdays game with the rest of the team.

I take a deep breath before grabbing my water bottle and chugging some of it.

Hazel is officially nine weeks along now. Our next doctors appointment is in two weeks.

"I'm so fucking ready for California next week" Michael says while sitting down the fifty pound weight.

"Hell yeah" Leo huffs, now doing pull ups. "Beat the Chargers asses and get a nice tan on the beach out of it"

My heart beats fast at the thought of it.

Not the football game, I know we'll win. It's something else entirely that's got my heart racing when I think about California next week.

"You okay?" Waylen asks nudging my shoulder. He's spotting me.

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm fine. Ready for the game next week"

Waylen lifts an eyebrow like he doesn't believe me, but he lets it go.

Waylen wears his heart on his sleeve. He's the guy someone goes to if they have a problem or need advice. He always checks on us, always asks if we're okay, and on any other occasion I'd tell him. But this, I need to keep to myself.

Well I want to more than I need to. It's too important...too special.

I haven't even told Austin. And there isn't a single thing I haven't told that guy.

I'm about to lean back under the bar to do some more reps, when my phone rings. I sit back up and fish it out of my pocket before glancing at the Caller ID.

Fuck me.

I answer the phone and put it to my ear.

"Hello" my tone is sharp out of pure frustration.

"You have one week" Walters voice is much sharper than mine.

Yeah and before this it was you have eight days and the day before that it was nine and before that it was ten.

I've been getting the same fucking phone call from him, everyday for the past two weeks.

I fucking know.

"I'm aware. I'm the one who laid out the timeline for you" I clench my jaw trying to still be respectful to the man.

"You don't seem to be in too much of a hurry" he fires back. "And I never agreed to your timeline"

"I'm not changing it" I snap.

"Yet you aren't making much progress either"

I'm gonna fucking scream.

I mute myself and pull the phone away from my ear. I close my eyes and just take a deep breath.

"Dude are you good?" Austins voices his concern.

I just shake my head before unmuting the phone and putting it back to my ear.

"I still have one week" I say to him as calmly as possible though my voice is still strained.