32

Logans POV

"Baby let me help" I say for the millionth time.

"I can do it" Hazel snaps at me, again for the millionth time today.

I'm a patient man.

It's been my mantra for the past few weeks. 

Hazel huffs trying to bend over to tie her sneakers, but no matter how hard she tries to reach her feet, she can't. I cross my arms over my chest and raise an eyebrow.

Suddenly she starts to sniff and her shoulders shake lightly. My face falls and I instantly put my hands on her cheeks.

"Hazel" I say softly lifting her head so she can look at me.

"I can't do anything" she cries, tears streaming down her face. "I'm useless, I-"

"Hey, hey" I pull her up so that she's standing and I press my lips against hers. She wraps her arms around me, but her belly bump doesn't allow her to get too close.

"I can't even hug you right" she sobs.

"Come on" I whisper pecking her lips before I turn her around so her back is on my chest.

She sniffs a few times as I wrap my arms around her waist. I kiss her neck and sway side to side gently trying to get her to calm down so her blood pressure doesn't spike. Sometimes she gets overwhelmed too much by what she can't do. The medicine has done a good job of keeping her blood pressure down and no other measures have had to be taken, but we just have to be cautious.

I simultaneously rub her belly, kiss her neck, and sway side to side with her as she calms down. Her breathing evens and she puts her hands on mine, leaning her head back on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry" she sighs.

"Don't apologize" I kiss her neck again gaining another sigh from her. "Just two more weeks and he'll be out. I wish I could do more for you"

"There isn't anything more I could want you to do for me Logan" Hazel smiles softly. "I already don't deserve you as is"

"Mmm" I grunt turning her around and pressing a kiss to her lips. "Don't ever say that again"

She makes a face as I bend down to hook the leash onto Bently who has been waiting patiently this whole time, and tie her shoes. Hazel takes the leash from me and wraps it around her hand.

"Go take Bently out and when you get back I'll have a surprise for you" I smile.

"It better be that damn nursery" she mumbles under her breath. 

I chuckle and open the door for her, watching her until she makes it onto the sidewalk before shutting the door.

With a smirk on my face I walk into the kitchen and lean against the island counter. "She's gone!" I call loudly.

The pantry door swings open and a furious looking Austin walks out of it.

"I'm gonna kill you" he seethes. "Actually fucking kill you"

"In my defense she was supposed to take Bently out half an hour ago" I chuckle. "Did you get everything?"

"Did I get everything" he mumbles before grabbing a whole bunch of bags out of the pantry. "When the time comes, you're building my kids nursery from scratch. Fucking scratch. Putting down carpet and putting in a fucking window, scratch" he marches past me and up the stairs.

I chuckle following him upstairs. "Come on, your girlfriend is a professional decorator. If I asked her to hide in the pantry I'm pretty sure Hazel would have figured out somehow, so you were the next best thing. She told you what to do right?"