10

Logans POV

"What do you mean she's gone?"

My heart drops to the floor as I'm sitting in the locker room having just finished training.

I only answered the phone because Emory never calls me, so when I saw her name flash across my screen I knew something was wrong.

"I mean she packed her stuff, took Bently, and left. I asked her where she was going but she wouldn't say, just that she would be back in a few days and that she needed to get out of here" she explains in a worried voice.

I rub my chin harshly looking down at the ground. I just called her. She didn't answer so I just figured she was busy and would call me back like she normally does.

Normally she sends a text to say she'll call in a few minutes. I should've known something was up when I didn't get a text from her.

"Logan?" Emory checks to see if I'm still on the line.

"I'm on my way"

I hang up the phone and shove it in my pocket before standing up and ramming my left hand into the locker in front of me, denting it.

Everyone looks at me as I continue punching the locker with my left hand, not stupid enough to use my throwing hand, but angry enough to do it a good four times before someone pulls me back.

"Hey! Chill out!" Austin yells holding my fist in his hand. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"She left" I grit through my teeth.

"Who left?" he asks furrowing his eyebrows.

"Hazel" I respond jerking my hand out of his grasp. "She fucking left"

I grab my stuff from the locker room and quickly storm out to my car.

"She looked-she looked freaked when she came in, like she just saw a ghost" Emory babbles as we get off the elevator and walk to the apartment. "She didn't say anything to me, just went straight into her room"

She opens the door to the apartment and I make a beeline for Hazels room. Flicking on the light, my soul leaves my body from how messy everything is.

Clothes on the floor, dresser disheveled, closet door open and clothes halfway on hangers. I swallow hard trying not to fucking cry at my reality right now.

Emory goes into her bathroom and my eyes dart over to the door as she turns the light on.

I can't believe she left.

She didn't just pull away like she used to in high school, she ran away, and I don't think I've felt a pain worse than this one.

"Oh my God" I hear Emory gasp. "Logan"

I rush over to the bathroom, stopping in my tracks when I see what she's holding.

A box in her hand, four more on the counter.

Empty pregnancy test boxes.

Shit.

- - -

Sophias POV

"Jacob come on" I whine. "I'm tired, my feet hurt, and I smell like dolphin throw up and fish"

Days at a marine wildlife rescue center can get pretty unpredictable sometimes.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming" he chuckles putting on his winter coat.

Jacob grabs my hand and we say goodnight to everyone as we walk out and head to the car.

"Movie night at your place?" he asks turning to look at me before pulling out of the parking lot.