23

Hazels POV

"Let's go, let's go!"

The head coach screams as the boys put the play into action.

Thanksgiving game day. A big one for a lot of fans, teams, players, and families all around. One of the most anticipated games besides playoffs and the Super Bowl. 

All of our family is here in the VIP box watching Logan and Austin play. And they are both playing amazing games.

I watch as Logan runs the ball before shuffling it to Austin in a slick and concealed pass. Austin makes it fifty yards before being tackled. The crowd erupts into cheers and Logan and Austin run up to each other and bump sides in the air.

Show offs.

Our family got in yesterday with the exception of Luke, Audrey, and Elzay who got in the day before. They all leave Sunday evening so we have a decent amount of time to spend with them.

With todays big game and giving our huge announcements later over Thanksgiving dinner, my nerves have been at an all time high which isn't the best thing. Logan and I knew that with our family being here we'd have to take extra strides in making sure I am not getting stressed out because it isn't good for the baby.

Right now, my only worries are on Logan. I can't imagine the pressure he's feeling with having his dad at his game. 

This is Jacks first time watching Logan as a player for the Cowboys, and the media is going absolutely nuts over it. Around this time the paparazzi have gotten even worse, following us from the airport all the way to our gated community. It's been a lot.

I know Logan is happy to have his dad here, and both of his parents here for support. But when the media is creating headlines that look like:

Logan Foster, son of the Dallas Cowboys best quarterback Jack Foster, may not live up to be the prodigy we all expected

the pressure weighs on him in the worst ways. And I hate that there really isn't anything I can do about it.

"He's handling the pressure well" Leo nods in approval next to me as we keep our eyes on the game. I refrain from rubbing my small bump which is a habit I've picked up since I began to show.

"I know, but I also know that he internalizes everything. If anything is bothering him he won't let on about it" I mumble tugging on my blue Dallas Cowboy crewneck. 

"That's because he has macho man mentality" Leo says making me chuckle. "He thinks he has to handle everything himself"

"Macho man mentality?" I laugh. "How do you come up with these things?"

Another play starts but our attention never fled from the field, even with our conversation. I narrow my eyes, searching for any potential injury between our players and the opposing team.

My eyes zone in on Reed. 

Michael has been having a knee problem for the past week. I suggested he shouldn't even play todays game, but he insisted that he's "fine" even though I'm the expert and he's not. I told him if I noticed even the slightest limp, I was pulling him out.

I'm about to yell for a timeout, but I'm stopped by Leos loud voice.

"Shit, watch out!" he yells and I go stiff. "FOSTER!"

Leo pushes me back, so hard and quickly that it catches me off-guard and I stumble. 

Luckily I'm short and already not too far from the ground. 

My hands shoot out behind me and I land on my ass with a big huff as the wind is knocked out of me.

Leos hands shoot out, bracing Logans shoulders as all three players tumble to the ground. I watch with wide eyes, still in shock of what just happened.