11

Hazels POV

My eyes flutter open from the bright light shining into the room from the window to my right. My eyes squint in confusion as they settle on the purple curtains in front of me.

The curtains in my room are white...

Except I'm not in my room, I quickly remember. I'm in Colorado, staying in my best friends guest room.

I wipe my eyes as the events of yesterday circle my mind and make my heart feel too heavy in my chest.

I ran from him.

And I couldn't feel any more worse than I do about it.

I feel the bed dip and notice Bently jump off the bed and walk over to the door. He's probably hungry and I should take him on a walk soon.

"I'm coming Bently, give me a minute" I mumble throwing the covers off my body.

As I'm about to get out of the bed, the shirt that I'm wearing lifts up a little giving me a glimpse of my stomach. I swallow hard.

I'm not sure that my head has fully wrapped around the situation. That in my stomach is someone who looks just like me or Logan or both of us.

I can't really think about that right now.

I shake my head and stand up before making the bed and then walking out the bedroom with Bently trotting along by my side.

Sophia must still be asleep because she isn't out in the main living area. I feel bad because I'm pretty sure Jacob was here last night and I intruded on them without warning.

I walk over to the kitchen area so that I can give Bently his food, but stop in my tracks when I see my best friend curled up in a ball on the floor fast asleep.

My eyebrows knit together in confusion. Does she sleep here every night?

"Sophia" I whisper shaking her body with my foot.

She grunts in response.

"Sophia!"

She shoots up from her position and stares at me with wide eyes before glancing back down at the floor in confusion.

"Did I sleep here all night?" she questions rubbing her eyes.

"I guess" I reply. "What where you doing on the kitchen floor anyway?"

She thinks for a while before taking a deep breath and shaking her head. "I don't know"

Sophia stands and stretches her body as I bend down to grab Bentlys bowls that she set out for him last night.

"Thanks for feeding him" I say putting some more water into one bowl and kibble in the other.

"Not a problem" she replies opening the refrigerator to grab some water for herself.

I set the bowls on the floor and Bently digs right in.

"So how are you feeling?" she asks.

A heavy sigh leaves my lips as I lean against the countertop. "I don't know" I mumble. "I feel...I don't know"

We move over to the couch and I pull my legs up to my chest.

"Tell me how you found out" Sophia says softly.

"Do you remember how I told you that Bently was acting weird?" I ask and she nods her head in response. "I took him to the vet yesterday and she told me that he was showing signs of protectiveness. She said that normally happens when a dogs owner gets pregnant. I freaked out and ran to the drug store, bought five pregnancy tests, and they were all positive"