18

Hazels POV

"Reed move" I stress for the second time. "I can't see"

"That's the point" Michael answers again for the second time. "I'm supposed to be blocking you, which by the way you're making very difficult"

I roll my eyes. "How am I supposed to watch the game with your ten foot frame standing in front of me?"

"I'm six four" he grumbles before stepping to the side slightly. "That's all you get"

I pat his arm in gratitude. We are on offense right now. As the team lines up Logan shouts orders to everyone before getting into position. He claps his hands and the ball gets thrown to him.

I watch as Logan decides to run the ball because no one is open, but he doesn't get far before he gets tackled. I wince.

Seeing him get tackled never gets easier. In the back of my mind I always know, one really bad tackle and that could be it for him.

Luckily he gets up and shakes it off. That was their fourth down so now we are on defense. Their defense is pretty good, but ours is better which is why we have three touchdowns and they have two. It's a close game and we are in the last few seconds of the fourth quarter. It isn't good that the ball is no longer in our hands.

I jog over to the coaches and Michael follows me. "Call a time out"

Our head coach immediately calls the time out and all the players jog off the field and towards us.

"What'd you got for us Evans?" Coach Harrison asks as the boys huddle around us.

"Their quarterback hasn't run a single one of their balls and it's not because he doesn't want to, it's because he can't. He favors his right leg and whenever he walks off the field he has a slight limp. He's hurt, I think his ankle, but he won't run the ball unless he has to" I tell them.

Logan takes off his helmet and runs his hand through his hair. "So let's not give him an option. Make him run"

"Reverse Eagle" I nod.

"We've never done that before" Conner comments.

"Well now is a better time than any" Coach Harrisons deep voice tells the group. "Foster stay on the field with defense. Pick someone to go after the quarterback with you, everyone else you know what to do"

"Reed you're with me on the field. Wilson you stay on her" Logan says which makes me roll my eyes.

"This shouldn't be apart of the huddle discussion" I grumble crossing my arms.

"Too bad" Logan kisses my cheek and then they break and jog over to the field.

Leo hangs back with me as we watch the guys get into position. He takes off his helmet and hands it to me, I take it and stuff it under my arm before drumming my fingers on top of it. A nervous habit I've developed while being on the field.

"They'll pull it off" Leo tells me. He isn't blocking my view, he stands at my side but is ready to jump in front incase something happens. That's why he's my favorite.

"I know" I nod confidently.

They practiced it a lot because it's a good play, if the execution is perfect.

Everyone on the sideline is quiet as the players line up on the field. The coaches aren't even yelling orders. We all just watch.

"Something's up Rick" one of the sportscasters says. "Foster is a quarterback, and this is the first time he's ever been on defense"