Chapter 10: the competition

twelve in the afternoon.

it was extremely late, but that was the time Jisung woke up at that day. He would have been nagged at if he was with James, thanks god James's not there. He sat down for a bit to assimilate what was happening. While he was trying to stretch his muscles- still being on the bed, he noticed Daegal at the entrance of the door, rolling on the ground.

It has been so long since he last played with the cute pet, she got so much healthier and became so playful so he went straight up to her, took her in his arms and hugged her as if she was an actual plushie, well she's better than that. She is probably the most good looking and neat dog he's ever seen. She has more manners than some human beings in this Earth, sadly.

he went downstairs hoping to find Chenle there, being alone was the last thing he was hoping for seriously. He went straight up to the Kitchen since it was near lunch time, but stopped when he recognized another figure different than Chenle's one, he wasn't wearing his glasses so it was complicated for him to see anything, no matter how much he squints his eyes, he still couldn't manage to see anything. 

He dropped the little pet on the floor, and went to wash his hands before eating anything.

He then heard Chenle talking to that fellow what made Jisung's curiosity grow bigger about the identity of that person, so he entered the kitchen catching the attention of the two men and of course that other person was no other than James, who just thought of coming to apologize for being sneaky the night before. But that didn't make Jisung antagonism go away, they were cousins for god's sake and he didn't have any right to feel skeptical or  resentful about whatever happened between the two young adults.

"Jisung dude, you slept almost like a baby. I thought that you were dead in the start"chuckled the american who was sitting in the table having his phone in his right hand.

"you wish" was the only feedback that the American received from the tall boy who pulled out a chair to sit at the opposite of James, he wasn't mad just a little bit upset about this arduous situation.

Chenle was finalizing the meal he was preparing, and put it in the oven settling for forty more minutes. He then removed the gloves he was wearing, and shifted his gaze to the still sleepy boy who was now sitting in the table together with James but there was no conversation going on between them. He pursed his lips, thinking that maybe Jisung will not treat him the same as he did yesterday, since James's there. He was so caught up by these thoughts that he didn't realize his friend's callings.

"You spaced out for some good three minutes Lele" noticed the tall boy who got up from his seat, just to bring up another one so that his friend would be able to sit.

oh! He called me Lele, like before.

Not wanting to be more sluggish, he took a place next to Jisung. James seemed to comprehend what was going on, so he just turned off his phone and apologized for that. But then again they noticed Chenle spacing out again, that was like seeing red if you asked Jisung, it wasn't usual for Chenle to be a day dreamer, he's talkative and always active so seeing him like this made him kind of petrified. 

"Chenle!" called out James worriedly, but once he studied the boy's face he sent a knowing smile to the other boy who was just staring at him confusedly.

"i'm so sorry, i don't know what have gotten into me these days" 

"My dear Chenle, you didn't tell that you're having a crush on somebody" said James absolutely sure about his doing and not regretting anything about what he said, almost saying as if it was the dumbest thing to not actually get and remark.