Chapter 15: realization

The night sky was aglow with bright city light, the young man- Bruno, walked down the streets looking for the senior who was probably having a breakdown only to find him where he was sent to go look for him, in a basketball court. It happens that James and Jisung had already talked about that place since they did an appointment with the other surfers to meet up there.

Each step was leaden.

Jisung lifted his head up, hearing the sound of the footsteps getting heavy, he could notice that it was a handsome guy, who was wearing a black leather jacket- Jisung's hands were resting in his hand, sitting on the basketball looking at the newcomer, he knew who that man was but he didn't want to admit that it was the person he was thinking about. Hi heart creaked when he remembered the moment he saw Chenle with that man getting reading to go on a date, it was really despairing for the boy to attend that moment.

The man was getting closer and closer, Jisung was not even thinking about moving since he was deep in his thoughts wondering if the guy was going to beat the shit out of him in that specific moment. The other man- Bruno, didn't look jaded at all, he was wearing a slight smirk playing on his full lips, even with his evil smile he was still looking really innocent and pure. As Jisung was staring at the figure getting next to him, he kept on glancing emptily at the ground. He fucked up everything again. When was he going to learn? Why is love so hard?

"You're Jisung right" he uttered getting another ball from the ground and sat on it, the empty eyes of Jisung now landed on the man next to him. He's handsome and he looks rich. Why wouldn't he fall for him. "i mean who else could you be, you're the only person here wearing a mask and hiding himself from everyone else-" he stated looking a bit lost in his words, he was feeling kind of nervous but soon got his motivation back once he remembered why he was doing all of this.

"What's your purpose of being here with me? Weren't you on a date with Chenle" he turned his head back to the other side breaking the eye contact once he mentioned the name of the man of his dreams. His voice cracked in the last sentence showing how hurt he actually was disappointed because of what happened.

"Look i don't really know you, but i'm going to be honest with you" he spoke as his hands landed on the shoulder of Jisung. He turned around with puffy crying eyes, you could easily tell that he was fuming in anger, and felling really hurt. Bruno then got up and made Jisung get up with him as well, he knew that Jisung was going to try to hit him so he was paying attention at every move of the other, and as he thought, when he tried to get him up Jisung pushed him but got stopped by the other male preventing himself from the fall.

"You really are childish really!" he belted pushing Jisung- not for him to fall but for him to wake up, he needed to wake up and open his eyes. "Do you really love him or not? Because if you aren't, then stop playing with the boys feeling" he spit out, he actually knew that Jisung really was genuine in loving Chenle, but he needed to grow up and act like the man he is.

"What do you know about my love for him" he responded, taking a deep breath before finally announcing what everybody wanted to heat from the boy "The only reason that is keeping me alive right now is having him by my side, I've already ruined our relationship back then and i'm not ready to ruin it a second time, i made him glum and sad, and now i regret it. I would try anything to make him happy but when i see him with other people-" he took a breath glancing at the night sky, eyes getting a bit wet because of his sorrow. "i just can't- seeing the only person that's really important to you getting touchy with others. It's just another level of pain"

"and i can tell you that's painful"

Bruno's face was dully illuminated by the lights of the basketball court, the boy in front of him was suffering, he made his way next to the boy. He remarked that the young man wasn't into skin ship and touchy people, so he just put his right hand on the left shoulder of the taller, who began sniffing. "I know exactly what you feel" quacked Bruno, the difference between the two was that Bruno already has forgotten about the pain but Jisung was only a colt in this. "I know what you feel and i know that what you're doing right now is wrong" he added removing his hand from the other's shoulder now looking dead serious, no expression of joy was playing on his face.

The state of the other got Jisung's attention and concentrated with what he had to do, he needed Chenle;

"You need to tell him how you feel, how much you crave for his love, how you can't live a day with out thinking about him" he expressed with a dead panned stare "no matter what you have done to him, you have to make him think that you regretted everything"

Jisung was silently listening to the other man, wallowing in self-pity while pursing his lips, he decided to stay silent for the whole next minute. "Make him think that he's your world, that you'll always be for him. Come on just be a man, for fuck's sake" Jisung clenched his fists once he thought about the emotional damage he has caused to Chenle for the past years, he was feeling horrible.

"Go talk to him today, or else it there would be no other chance for you to get back to him."

"What do you mean by that?" he demanded full of worry, with a puzzled gaze- his lips parted from each other looking like a confused new born.

"that"s for me to know and you to find out" he added before looking for his backpack, once he spotted it's location he went to take from the place it was set on and got a bottle full of water before handing to Jisung.

The other looked at him with a questioning look in his face, "wash your face with this, you look tired and i can tell you that you being sleepy will not help" he stated before going away to where he has came.

"Wait" Jisung called out the man. The blond guy turned around to face the taller in response to his call "you didn't tell me your name" Admonished the young man wanting to put a name to the face of the other boy.

"i'm Bruno"