~ Recap 2 ~

December 31, 1919

December 31, 1919. The day Matthew and Margaret's lives changed. The day after the twins were born, Mary came up to Margaret's room in a thrill of excitement. Her suddenness and boldness of coming in in a hurry caused the twins to immediately start crying.

"I'm sorry!" Mary apologizes, "How are my little niece and nephew doing?"

"Well, they were sleeping, which is a rare occurrence for the both of them, but they're doing well."

"And you?" Mary asks, holding James, trying to help, "How are you, darling?"

"Well, we have two children instead of one and I'm exhausted, but... I couldn't be happier," Margaret smiles down at her daughter, taking in her fuzzy blonde hair and her blue eyes that matched Matthew's. She looks over to James, with identical looks, "Honestly, I just can't believe that I get to call these two mine."

"They are adorable, Margaret. You two did well."

Margaret smiles and looks up at her own twin, "I'm sorry, did you come in here for a reason?"

"Oh, right," she holds out her left hand, "Evelyn proposed."

"What?" Margaret exclaims, looking at the ring, "What happened to Sir Richard? I had two children and I don't know anything."

"We called it off. You were right. We didn't belong together. And he asked me yesterday. Same day the twins were born."

"Oh, Mary!" Margaret smiles, ecstatic for her twin, "Congratulations! Truly!" she puts down Emma as she had fallen asleep before taking a sleeping James from Mary's grasp. Once the twins are down, she hugs her sister, "This is wonderful!"

"Thank you. I have no details, but when it comes time for the wedding, will you be my maid of honor?"

"Of course I will!" Margaret smiles, "Of course," she hugs her twin again, "Oh, congratulations! This is so exciting!"

"I should go. Take care, Emma and James."

Mary leaves in a flurry of excitement as Margaret looks to her children, "That's your Aunt Mary. She's usually much more uptight than that, but she'll always be there to protect you," Matthew comes in, an envelope in hand.

"How are you, darling?" Matthew asks, kissing her cheek, "And these two little people?"

She chuckles at the nicknames, "We are all doing well," she looks to the envelope, "What is that?"

He looks down, "Oh, we've received a wedding invitation to Daniel and Elizabeth's wedding."

"Oh, when is it?"

"5 days."

She stares at him, "That soon?"

Matthew shakes his head, "Well, no. They sent the invitation a few weeks ago, it was just never delivered to us. Shall we go?"