Insurance

"What's wrong?" I turn my head in Demi's general direction, briefly distracted from my plate of eggs and bacon. I was scared to tell her, who wouldn't be? Sometimes great news comes with big consequences. It shouldn't happen that way, it's not fair. But hey, life isn't fair.

"Oh- nothing, I just- nothing." I bite into an egg and I hear Demi cough, she seems okay though. I pat her back as well ass I can by standing and leaning across the table.

"I almost chocked on my food for you, now tell me. What is it. Babe, don't be scared. I'll be here." Her hand slides over mine as I slowly set it down on the table next to my plate. Still don't know how she can read me so well.

"Fine. Fine. It's my uh, my sight." I say slowly. She doesn't say anything, so I figure I should go on. " while you were away Monica took me to a specialist and I could get it. I could be able to see."

Demi gasped in pleasure, griping my hand in hers. Then I heard the chair in front of me get pushed back and Demi's lips were on mine, slowly she left a lingering kiss just long enough for me to feel it, but not long enough for me to recover from the shock of the unexpected movement.

"Natalie, that's great! Sure surgery will probably be a pain in the ass, but we'll get through it. Maybe you should ask your doctors about risks though, it could be dangerous. I feel like-"

"Demi." I cut off her babbling. She was acting like a ten year old boy with ADHD on a sugar high. In case you don't know, that's not good. "I already know the risks. I could have optic nerve damage, brain damage (which is rare), or it could not work. Now calm down. Like you said.." I trail off, just realizing now that she said we'll get through this together. As in, she's not going anywhere.

"When's the surgery?" Demi asks, pulling me out of thought.

"That's what I really wanted to talk about...it's tomorrow. Eleven in the morning."

That's when she didn't babble. She stopped running light circles with her thumb on top of my hand. Hell, she was so quiet I thought she stopped breathing. I can't exactly tell time, but I'm estimating a good two minutes of awkward silence went by before she found her voice and ability to move. Unfortunately, the latter was against me, and her hand jerked back from mine entirely.

"Nat, what the fuck? It's great news but this is important. Not just for you, but me and your friends too. Jenny has put her life in a way to babysit you like your five and now you're just going to get up saying 'I'm good now' and leave her?"

"It's not-"

"Don't even start, because I'm not done. What about Dylan? Does he know? The bodyguard could go apeshit for this. What about me? Huh? Natalie, I don't know if you realize this, but as your girlfriend, I care about you. Not just that, but I breathe for you. I get up every morning to see you. Do you know what it feels like to want to puke, laugh, cry, sing, dance, and moan all at the same time? No? Well I do. You know how? Why? Because of you. I'd give you the key to my heart, actually I already did. But you stole my heart, it's not like I want it back. It's in good hands. Your my Allstate, Natalie, so don't you fucking dare ever hide shit from me. Especially when it's as big as this."

"I thought you had State Farm." I say quietly. I can feel her glare at me as I crack a smile. I've never seen anyone look anywhere, but if her gaze could kill, I'd be at the stage of getting pounded by every superhero in the Avengers movies simultaneously. "I love you too. You have no idea how much I do just to be with you. If I'm your Allstate, then you are my Nationwide. Your on my side. I hope for a long time. I hope you're not mad at me. I bet having an insurance company mad at you really sucks."

I heard Demi's breathy laugh against my ear. Her lips being so close I could feel them as she rapidly inhaled and exhaled. "If I ever left you, the air I breathe wouldn't be worth taking anymore." Ever so slowly, she grazed her lips from my ear, down my jaw, and to my lips. Then, came probably the most passionate kiss we'd ever shared. She started slow and gentle. Every once in a while, her teeth would graze my lip. When I kissed back, I was so into it, into her, that my thoughts went entirely silent except for one. This one, I never heard before. It was a quiet, smooth voice saying get her, and don't let go. And it was right, so I did just that.

I gripped her as tight as I could. Pretending all that kept her from falling into a dark cavern was me. I didn't even argue when her tongue slide into my mouth, instead I countered with mine. I went on a mini adventure in her mouth. Up, down all around, I didn't care where I went, as long as she was there.

"Knock, knock." Aiden's voice rudely interrupted. It probably wasn't intentional, but I think it was pretty fucking obvious we were having a moment.

"Jenny isn't around. She was called into work, I'd ask if you were hungry, but it looks like you're already eating."

Demi laughed as her head leaned on my shoulder, her arms wrapping around my waist protectively. I think she was trying to give off the, nice one. She's mine. Vibe. I don't know it's origin, it's just Aiden it's not like he'll steal me or anything.

"Very funny, Aiden. We just ate breakfast but maybe lunch in half an hour? This one is always hungry." Demi lightly says, squeezing me.

"Damn right." I comment. Demi giggled and kissed the side of my head. Aiden silently walked out, the front door shutting quietly behind him. I kissed the top of her head and I heard her exhale softly. Not frustrated, in a nice way, the in love way.

Maybe she knew what I was trying to say but was too nervous to get out. She tends to do that whether I want her to or not. I never really had to say or do any romantic gestures before her. She's to catalyst to my love story to begin. I didn't know I wanted to write our story until she picked up the pencil and gave it to me.

Half an hour later of sweet moments and kisses then we were out the door, holding hands as she drove us (and Aiden) to P. F. Chang's. When we stopped at a red light and Aiden was on the phone with Katia, Demi announced that she got what I was trying to say.

"Don't worry, love. I wasn't done yet."
----------------------------------------------so, yeah. You peeps can probably guess the next few chapters. I hope you'll still be motivated to read, despite the lack of a surprise factor. Comment your thoughts and vote if you like.

One more thing...#prayforgrampa