Zeroth Birthday

They got used to Papyrus 'disability' pretty quickly. Though as far as they could tell, it wasn't much of a disability since he could see everything else BUT clear glass. Someone would ask a question, occasionally which he or Nashira would answer. Otherwise he was still treated like the same old Papyrus that they knew and loved. Nothing really changed which he was more than ok with since he'd been nervous about that. Though, not as nervous as he was now. Now he was in the ER lobby, waiting for someone to tell him whether it was go time or a false alarm. It had taken him awhile, but he finally quit smoking, for the sake of the baby if nothing else. Still didn't make it any less easier for him during times like these, Shira could be having their kid or maybe there was complications, what if she was dying?! It was not a calming thought at all. "Papyrus." His head snapped up. "She's gone into labor and had requested you be by her side. Or everything could be fine and he'd be right next to her through the whole process. He nodded and followed the nurse to his mate.

♤♡◇♧

Child birth sure was something. A part of him was VERY glad that males didn't go through all... that. The baby was a girl, his daughter, their daughter. They'd wanted the gender to be a surprise and now they knew. "don't tell me we are naming her honey." Papyrus joked, making Nashira chuckle tiredly as she held her skeletal baby. "That's the dog's name, hun. I've got something else sweet in mind." Papyrus held his arms out in silent question as he asked a different one. "and what would that be?" She gave a nod and Papyrus carefully took his baby up in his arms. "Maple." The baby cooed instantly. "oh you like that? lil maple?" Maple snuggled into the swath of baby blankets. "Maple Sugar Gaster, what do you think?" Papyrus snorted. "are you seriously gonna have her middle name be sugar?" Shira really didn't have the energy to argue and simply nodded. He blinked. "ok then. maple sugar gaster is you~" He cooed at the baby who smiled brightly. "happy birthday, maple~"

And many more~ 😂. That'll be the end of this. Thank you so much for reading this, and the original concept idea in the Fandom Short Stories book if you did. Have a great morning/afternoon/night!

-Kyran