20 Locked

Zane's POV

The door started closing leaving Nathan on the other side, I still had his notebook in my hand, gripped tightly. How long is he going to be gone no one knows.

"Will his memory be wiped out again?" Hailey asked worried about the boy. I was left behind to look after the others, waiting for his return even if he doesn't remember anything I'll show him all the clues we found.

Nathan was right his operation was unsuccessful. Those side affects were crazy if that man really cared about Nathan that much why let him join?

I looked at the notebook, he wrote it in some gibberish so I won't understand. Opening it to see how many pages were filled. I saw something written in a language I can understand.

' To Zane,
There could be a possibility were we will be separated. I'm starting to think because my erasure did not go well, the guy will take me for another try. Whatever reason he wants to wipe people's memory for, we need to stop him, finding a way out. I know it'll take a while for it or many of us will die before we find it but we can't let that man do what is not right. To use people like toys, both of us are detectives we'll figure it out together. I trust you, you'll know what to do even if I died.
Nathan. '

After I was done reading I closed the notebook, I took the cup he still didn't finish walking to the kitchen to wash it for him. Now it felt even more silent. He wasn't a big talker but his silence gave words only the two of us understood.

Who's gonna be savage when he's gone. I shook my head already missing my friend.

"Zane? Will Nathan be back?" Lydia asked, I was in my own thoughts as I didn't hear her come in. She wasn't the only one inside the kitchen as Kevin, Anthony, Mason, Hailey, Emma and Nevaeh were here as well. Mike and Sarah should have headed to their rooms as they were crying at the end. Mason was still trying to stop all the tears but it was still running down his cheeks but he wanted to know if his friend will be fine.

"Kidnapper won't kill him. There could be a chance of him not coming back but he's not going to die." I told them as I couldn't explain why I knew for sure as others didn't know that the guy called Nathan a scientist.

"Why does he want to erase Nathan's memory again? Did he remember something?" Emma asked wanting to gain something from this.

"No." I said, leaving the room and going to the library. This really wasn't the best day. I picked up a book randomly about historical times and started to read it, waisting some time for the day to be over soon.

Early in the morning as it was still 8 am I put my arm on my face blocking all the light from outside. Closing my eyes to sleep a little more as there was no rush to go out. I had to look through data computer to see what information that code is hiding but day is long, I have lots of time.

10:06 am I sat up in my bed ready to leave it. I got my dark grey hoodie, jet black pants, white socks and umber brown boots.

I got to the shower and jumped a bit as the freezing water fell on my skin.

Minutes later I stepped out, drying myself with sangria red color towel and putting my clothes on. I walked out of my room going to the kitchen, to have something to fill my stomach.

I walked inside and saw all the girls inside but was pulled out. I looked at the person and saw Kevin.

"Better don't go there. Something happened and they became fierce for some reason." He explained but I had no intention to wait until they return to being friendly.