35 Sleep tight

Nathan's POV

I was silently walking downstairs, minding my own business when I saw Kevin on the first floor.

"Morning, Kevin." I said to the boy walking out of the restroom.

"Good morning."He uncharacteristically greeted me back.

"Why so down?" I asked as the boy followed me inside the kitchen.

"Well, the secret I got was terrifying but it seems you're fine. Dressed in yellow sweater, red jeans. You know I never thought that you from all people would be wearing bright clothes. Look at Zane, he's friendlier than you but he always wears black clothes." I didn't mind him noticing. I glanced at the boy.

"If I only wore black, I'd be depressed. Don't mind that secret you got, I didn't even read mine." I honestly opened up to the boy.

"You didn't? Why?" His eyes filled with curiousity that he leaned to my side to hear my every word.

"It is obvious that whatever he wrote inside there will be truth and lie. Maybe he told the truth to some of you but not all. I did notice at the back kidnapper wrote only 4 of the 10 secrets are correct and others are just facts with a lie." I deduced.

"I don't get it?" He asked me like a kid would.

"I'll give you an example. I held that cup yesterday and ten seconds ago." I told him and he nodded his head, waiting for further explanation. "It's a fact I held that cup yesterday, you saw it yourself. But I never picked it up today. Making that sentence false fact." I simply said focusing now on the food I wanted to make.

"I see." I was a bit shocked that he got it. Disregarding being stingy to the male, I silently waited for the water inside the pot to boil.

The time kitchen doors opened I saw Stella walking in. Her face looked down but the moment she saw me standing, the girl jumped in delight trying not to run to me. What's with some of them and falling in love with me? Are they crazy?

"Nathan! Good morning! I didn't think I'll see you this early in the day or at all." She put her hands behind her back, playing with one foot.

"I'm not pleased to see you." I rejected the girl.

"It's rare to see you up so early, Stella." Kevin started but the mentioned girl only rolled her eyes.

"I always wake up early like 6 am. I just stay in my room." She voiced turning her face away from Kevin's view. Liar.

"What was written on your paper?" Boy didn't mind her cold shoulder and asked.

"As if I'll tell YOU!" She pointed at the boy with frantic glare.

"Fine! Keep it to youself." He told folding his arms.

I kept my back to them waiting for my pasta to finish cooking. Door opened once again revealing Anthony with Zane behind him. I looked at my friend.

"Morning. Henry gave idea of sharing those secrets with everyone." Anthony got straight to the point, not giving a chance for someone to interrupt.

"I think we should vote if we want to tell." Stella denied.

"Yeah why not."

"Henry's for, Stella againts, what about you Nathan?" Kevin questioned without waiting for a beat.

"I haven't read mine. So I'm not voting." I untangled myself as I didn't care what those secrets were.

"Why wouldn't you read yours?" Zane asked interested on the event.

"Simple. I don't care." I replied filling my empty bowl with pasta and milk.

"I'm mesmerized how you can ignore these things." Kevin claimed.