42 Who am I

Nathan's

I was sitting on the chair in front of Zane, staring at the male while he coped with everything I told him.

"Nothing." He leaned back. I nodded once still keeping eye contact.

"So... we can only wait?" I nodded again. "Let others die?"

"This was our plan. My plan. To make sure you survive." I turned my gaze to the window looking to the outside. "Beautiful day." I softly whispered, maybe to myself or to my friend.

"Why do you want to die so badly?" He questioned. Taking a deep breath I closed my eyes for a second remembering my life. Only from the point when I escaped.

It was dark inside the room. I heard shouts coming from outside the hallway. I don't know what's happening, luckily my curiousity was peaking.

I have to escape.

I repeated this to myself slowly opening the door to see if it was clear. I stepped out leaving the door open as screams ended and it was pure silence.

I have to get out.

Walking the dark black corridor I guided myself with my hand tracing the wall. I felt something small sprayed on the floor I stepped on from time to time. Next thing I barely balnced myself as I tripped over something bigger. There wasn't suppose to be anything in the hallway.

I squatted down trying to feel where the thing was. My fingertips touched solf material and I grabbed on the thing but froze the second I realized.

Person.

I checked the individuals pulse to spot it missing. Dead.

I stood up again picking up the pace to get out of here before I became friends with the lying guy on the ground.

"I made too many mistakes in life." I pulled myself back. Remembering always pierced me, making me want to stop breathing.

"There are thousands of people that make mistakes. But not all of them want to die." Zane retorted. He took a sigh as I didn't respond back. "Nathan." He called my name wanting to hear my reasons.

"I don't feel human." I finally whispered after hours of thinking if I wanted to tell that to anyone. "I was working on androids from then when I was a child."

"So you're a genius from birth." The male concluded but it made me shake my head.

"I think there's more to it." I looked at him and our eyes met.

"If you tell me that you are an alien, I'm going to slap you." He voiced. "I had enough hearing Mason talking about that stuff. But I swear if you'll start it I will start shouting." He continued and glare at me, as if daring me.

"Technically, human are aliens if you look from another living things prospective." I finished and saw my best friend grabbing his face in dissappointment.

"Nathan, I'm giving you another strike." He pointed his finger at me but I only giggled back.

"Just that there's no memories to back up my life or how I ended up in the laboratory. I don't believe anyone that told me about my life."

"Let's forget. We can make new memories but I'm curious, do you know who's next to die?" Zane questioned me.

"What?" I glance at him confused.