Chapter 5 - Truth Revealed

Hunter's POV

It's not like Scarlett to call me in the middle of the day telling me she needs to talk. I knew she had been off since she came back from the premiere in LA, but she said she didn't wanna talk about it. Blowing if off, saying it was the end of an Era. I knew my twin better than that, something had her upset.

I arrived at her house, she texted telling me to come in the back, it was open. I get around back, and I saw her sitting there, tears staining her face, and a vodka tonic in her hand

She looked up at me, and the tears started flowing again. I took the glass out of her hand, setting it gently on the table. I embraced my twin, letting her cry into my shoulder.

"Scarly, what's got you so upset?" I asked and she pointed to a box of letters. She looked up at me.

"Hunt, did you know that Ash came home while I was in Japan?" she asked.

"Ashlyn? As in Ashlyn Summers? No, I never saw her. Why?" I asked.

"I had to meet with the new attorney for Marvel today, and guess who it is, one Ashlyn McGuire, aka My Ash."

"Did she get married or something?" I was confused.

"I have no idea, I didn't see a ring, but we were too busy fighting for me to notice, but she did tell me some things I never knew. Like the fact she never stopped writing to me, and that she came home 9 months later, and I was in Japan." she said, watching me.

"Scar, I honestly had no idea she came home, I mean, I knew she survived, but no clue about the rest." I said, realizing I said too much.

"You knew she was alive?!? Why didn't you tell me?" she screeched.

"Scarlett, listen to me. I found an article, a year or so ago, and it was a picture of her, saying her name was Ashlyn McGuire. At the time you were married to Ryan, and happy. I didn't think you would want to know." I said.

"Why does everyone keep saying that?!?" Ugh, she whined as she slouched back.

"Scarlett, please explain. Look, I know she was one of your best friends, but I've wondered for years, did something happen between you two?" I asked.

Her head snapped up, glaring at me. "Yes Hunt, something did happen, she popped my cherry when I was 16, the night before she shipped out. Is that what you want to know? Let's ignore the fact I've been in love with her since I was 11. I loved her Hunt, I would have given up everything for her." she cried.

"Oh Scar, I... I knew you liked her, I had no idea. Scar, I'm sorry." I said, pulling her into my chest.

"Then I found out that Mom read one of my letters to her, and she started hiding her letters and mine. She never got the ones I wrote to her. I have no idea what Mom said to her when she came home, but Mom basically told her to stay away from me." she sighed, downing the rest of her drink.

"Then you really won't like what I'm fixing to tell you, Adrian and I saw her opening night of Cat on Broadway. Well, I did. Adrian knew about it." I told her, remembering that night.

-----------

January 17, 2013

Opening Night Of Cat On a Hot Tin Roof

Hunter POV

"ASH!! Ashlyn Summers!!"

I knew those eyes anywhere. Ashlyn Summers. I will never admit this to my sister, but I know something happened between her and Ash. She never told me, but I know something happened. Scarlett was heartbroken when Ash didn't come home.