chapter thirty four

Genevieve Clairmont and Tristan Dugray quickly became the 'it' couple of Chilton. Tristan, who had absolutely no problem with public displays of affection, ruthlessly teased Genevieve for her newly founded shyness around him. He quickly became enamored at how she grew red every time he pressed a kiss to her cheek and how she was so shy that she refused to hold his hand in public. Tristan knew it wasn't because she was embarrassed of him, because she had no problem rambling about him to Delphine in the library when she thought he was studying.

The two soon fell into a routine of linking pinkies in the hallway whenever they were together. Their senior year was one for the books, as almost everything went without a single hitch.

Weston, who was vaguely instructed by their father to stay close to home, ended up moving back into Clairmont manor, which meant that Tristan had to go through the battle that was walking past Weston every day when he came to her house. It was interesting how the house had a plethora of rooms, but Weston chose the one closest to the door.

"Tristan." He would say, frowning at the fact that Genevieve gave him a key.

"Weston."

"You're still together I presume."

"Yep." He said, "We're gonna be together tomorrow too, just in case you wanted to find a new setting."

Genevieve, along with the added stress of college application, began coordinating meeting dates with Weston and Archduke corp, as the "war" between the piece of land in Europe increased in sensitivity. It became apparent that the severity of the matter had been hidden from her all those years.

College acceptances came rolling in. Harvard, Yale, Cornell, Oxford, Cambridge, the whole Forbes list appeared in her mailbox. The thirteen years of working her ass off were worth it in the end as her hardest decision was picking the college that all her friends were going to.

On one hand, Paris and Hestia were going to Yale, on the other Rory was too. Delphine got into some bizarre arts academy in France, which left her entirely out of the equation, and Tristan... well as he said to Genevieve, "where you go, I'll follow."

. . .

"I think I might throw up." Genevieve paced back and forth in front of her mirror, smoothing down her gown. It was the one day Genevieve had been looking forward to her entire schooling career. Graduation.

"How—and I mean this with all the love I'm capable of producing— do you lose your speech?" Delphine stood against the wall with her graduation cap tucked under her armpit.

"You're gonna have to make it up on the spot." Hestia said, "Dude, I'm not gonna be late to graduation—you can't be late to graduation, the shit can't start without you!"

"Ahh! Shut up, shut up!" She jumped around from drawer to drawer.

"Is it at Tristan's house?"

"No, why would it be at Tristan's house?" Genevieve said, throwing a notebook across the room, "Fuck it. Let's go."

"Let's go."

. . .

"I see that you still know where home is." Calliope narrowed her eyes at the two Clairmont parents who made her their unofficial, unpaid, babysitter.

"What are you talking about mom?" Mr. Clairmont flicked his eyes down to Weston and Chase who were playing patty cake with Willow. Gwen sat swinging her feet back and forth as she "guarded" the bouquet of flowers that Tristan took her to pick earlier that day. The two standing in their full elegance, causing parents around the yard to sneak peeks at them.