Prologue

"Young master, slow down!"

Running through the new environment filled him with excitement.

"Young master please! we both might get in trouble!" his nanny reasoned. " goodness I never get paid enough for this".

"Hehe you can't catch me!" the young noble yelped mischievously.

"Young master, watch out!"

"Wha-", the young noble bumped into an adult wearing luxurious robes. Behind that man was his father wearing a shocked and worried look.

"My, my little one, where are you off to?" the man questioned.

"I'm sorry your Majesty, my son is new to this environment and he tends to get overly excited." his father apologised, lowering his head. the young noble mimicked his father's actions.

"Oh it's quite alright. I've got to get used to this anyway. my wife is almost due." King Jung Young-min explained.

"You should bring Yeonjun more often after my child is born, Eun. I'd be nice to have little ones running around in this dull palace," the King suggested.

"Of course my King," Nobleman Choi Eun said, chuckling.

"I'm sorry my lord, I tried to stop the young master from running but he was too fast." Yeonjun's nanny apologised, while huffing.

"It's alright, I understand, you may take the day off, I'll take care of Yeonjun today." Nobleman Eun said.

Yeonjun's nanny bowed her head to her master and her King and excused herself.

Lurking in the darkness was Prince Eodum, "just you wait brother, I will take away everything you love." he snickered, eyes wandering to the room of Queen  Jung A-Yeong.

"Just you wait, my love, soon you will be in my arms, whether you like it or not."

When Prince Eodum looked back, he saw Queen A-yeong's Lady-in-waiting, Lady Soo.

"Your Majesty, the Queen!" Lady Soo shouted. King Young-min looked at her, confusion written across his face.

"Queen A-yeong has gone into labour!" The King's heart dropped, he left his work and ran towards his wife's bed chamber.

Nobleman Choi  picked up his son and followed suit after his King.

"Father, what happened to His Majesty?" The young  Noble asked his Father.

"Well son, his child is about to come into this world. And his Majesty is excited to see them".  Nobleman Choi explained to his son.

"Will I get to meet them too, Father? I would love to have a friend to play with". Young Yeonjun said, feeling excited to meet the newcomer.

"Of course my son!" Nobleman Choi exclaimed.

Outside the Queen's chambers, King Young-min was pacing back and forth the corridor. Nobleman Choi walked towards his friend and comforted him.

"They're both going to be fine, Young-min, calm down." King Young-min nodded and stopped pacing around. Soon after, a loud high-pitched cry echoed through the palace. The King burst through the room and saw his wife holding their little bundle of joy in her arms.

"Hello love, it's a girl!" Queen A-yeong exclaimed.

King Young-min walked towards the bed to see his daughter. "She's got your eyes." He said to his wife, looking at her lovingly.

The King signalled Yeonjun to come forward, he did as told and took a peek at the newborn Princess.

"Yeonjun, meet Princess Jung Young-mi." Her Majesty said.