Chapter 15

Lady Jang rushed into Princess Young-mi's room.

"Your Highness! Wake up!" Lady Jang frantically pulled away the Princess' covers off her body and pulled the long curtains open. Feeling the coldness of her room engulf her body, her hands instinctively searched for her covers.

"Your Highness, please! Her Majesty is waiting for you!" Hearing Lady Jang's pleas, The Princess sat up.

"Her Majesty? But what for?" Princess Young-mi asked, creases forming on her forehead.

"Her Majesty and yourself are going to the Choi Residence," Lady Jang announced, looking for gowns in the Princess' closet.

"Choi Residence? Sir Yeonjun's house?" The Princess asked, walking up to Lady Jang.

"Yes Your Highness, you're going to officially meet Sir Yeonjun's parents to discuss your union."

"Oh goodness! I'm meeting his parents?! Today? Why didn't you tell me earlier, Aera?" Finally sensing the urgency, Princess Young-mi got herself into the gown Lady Jang had picked out for her.

"Your Majesty, I apologise for keeping you waiting." Princess Young-mi said walking out the Palace gates with Lady Aera by her side.

"It's quite alright my dear, you look good. Are you nervous about meeting your fiancé's parents?" Princess Young-mi flushed as Her Majesty referred to Sir Yeonjun as her fiancé.

"Yes, Your Majesty. What if they dislike me? What am I to do then?" Princess Young-mi asked, feeling anxious as they boarded the carriage.

"Oh, child, don't be silly. They've loved you ever since you were born. They came to your 100th day old birthday party. The Choi Family came with the most gifts for you. That was also the day you and Sir Yeonjun were promised to each other." Queen Soojin explained.

"The point is, you have nothing to worry about. In fact, leave all the talking to me, spend your time with Sir Yeonjun. I'm sure he'd love to spend his time with his fiancé." Queen Soojin stated.

Pacing back and forth, King Eodum rubbed his temples.

"I can't let Yeonjun and Young-mi get married. But how do I?"

"Your Majesty, you have a guest." His secretary announced.

"A guest? Let him in." He said, settling down on his chair.

"Greetings, Your Majesty." He greeted.

"Yes, what do I owe your visit?" King Eodum said looking up.

"Aren't you Scholar Min-hyung? What brings you here?" He said.

"I am here to help you, Your Majesty. You see, I, too, want to marry Princess Young-mi. I know you do not wish to marry off Princess Young-mi to the Choi Family. I have come to make an offer." Scholar Min-hyung said.

The night after the ball, Scholar Min-hyung had a revelation. He had come to a conclusion that he needed to marry the Princess, he had no thought of her feelings for him. He didn't care. He just needs Princess Young-mi.

But he needed power. He thought he'd convince the King. They did have a common goal after all.

"Well, young man, you certainly can be of good use for me." King Eodum said when  Scholar Mn-hyung had left the room.

As they arrived at the Choi Mansion, Princess Young-mi felt extremely nervous.

"Alright, my dear, we've arrived." Queen Soojin said, getting out of the carriage.

Standing in front of the house, stood the Choi Family. Sir Yeonjun stood next to his mother, and her next to her husband.

"Oh, I can't wait to meet Her Highness!" Yeonjun's mother, Choi Eunkyung, squealed.

"Oh, mother, you'll love her. She's the most beautiful woman I laid eyes on. Her voice, so soothing and sweet. God, mother, she's great." Sir Yeonjun said.

"Alright son, I get it, you love her."

Soon, the royals arrived. Sir Yeonjun ran towards the carriage.

An outstretched hand waited for Princess Young-mi. She looked at the man whom the hand belonged to. There he was, his face as bright as the sun. He was dashing. The Princess happily took his hand and brought his fiancé to his parents.

"Mother, father, meet Princess Young-mi, my fiancé."

"Your Highness, you're breathtaking. Goodness! Come in please!" The Choi Family led the royal family to the common room of the mansion.

"Now, let's get down to business. I think we should leave the young lovers to spend time with one another." Queen Soojin suggested. The couple nodded in agreement.

"Please excuse us then." Sir Yeonjun said, before taking Princess Young-mi's hand leaving the place.

"What do you say about a ride?" Sir Yeonjun asked.

"A ride, Your Grace?" She asked, confused.

" 'Your Grace'? come on now, I am your fiancé." Sir Yeonjun said. Princess Young-mi blushed, butterflies filled her stomach. She looked down.

"Aww, did I make you nervous, my love?" Yeonjun asked, saddling up his horse.

"Just hurry up." The Princess said, trying to sound normal. Sir Yeonjun chuckled at her reaction.