Chapter 21

"Are you sure you're alright to be travelling, my love?" Sir Yeonjun inquired with the Princess as they walked up to the gates of the Choi Residence. Princess Young-mi had decided to get out of the Palace in order to get some fresh air and to recover from the traumatic events that occurred the day before.

"Yes, love. I need to get some air out of that Palace." Princess Young-mi reasoned. Sir Yeonjun nodded, still worried for his fiance. The servants led the couple into the mansion and were welcomed by Sir Yeonjun's parents.

"Oh my dear, would you like some refreshments?" Lady Eunkyung and Lord Eun embraced Princess Young-mi, the couple in front of the Princess wore identical worried looks. Trying to keep her emotions together, Princess Young-mi smiled brightly.

"Yes, mother and father, I'm doing fine." The couple doubted the Princess, however, they did not inquire further.

"Come dear, let us take a walk in the garden. I heard from Yeonjun that you enjoyed nature." Lady Eunkyung invited the Princess. Before the Princess could walk away from him, Sir Yeonjun gently pulled her back and placed a quick peck on her forehead. He gently squeezed her hand and gave her a warm smile. She returned the smile, but Sir Yeonjun knew for a fact that her smile was far from her real, genuine smile. She was still hurting inside.

"Come dear, let's go." Lady Eunkyung ushered the Princess to the garden. The weather was dull, seemingly reflecting the Princess' mood.

"My dear, I know it is a hard time, I just want you to know that Eun and I will always be on your side no matter what. So please do not hesitate to come to us whenever you need comfort or companionship. We will gladly offer it to you." Lady Eunkyung turned to the Princess.

Princess Young-mi was touched by her words, tears swelled up in her eyes, threatening to fall. Lady Eunkyung noticed this too and quickly brought her into a tight and warm embrace. An embrace different from Sir Yeonjun's. A type of embrace only a mother figure can give a child. Lady Eunkyung's embrace was one full of motherly love. The Princess cried harder, overwhelmed by the amount of love Lady Eunkyung was giving her.

"Come dear, let us get you inside before you catch a cold. It is getting chilly."

From the window of the mansion, Sir Yeonjun watched as his mother escorted her fiance back into the mansion. He sighed.

"Son, I know you're tired of me saying this but, you have to tell Her Highness. It is better to tell her now." Lord Eun stated. Sir Yeonjun turned to his father, eyebrows furrowing.

"Father, I can't tell her now." Sir Yeonjun stated, rubbing his temples feeling stressed.

"How long are you planning to keep this away from Princess Young-mi? She deserves to know." Lord Eun raised his voice.

"How do you think she will react when she finds out later? She may resent you for keeping the truth from her. Son, she is your soon-to-be wife, your marriage will fall apart if you fail to tell her certain important information." Lord Eun reasoned.

"So please, son, this is for your and Her Highness' own good. Besides, she may be more inclined to take over the throne if she finds out the truth." he added.

"I know what you mean father but..." Sir Yeonjun trailed off.

"What is stopping you, son?" Lord Eun inquired.

"How can I tell her that her parents died because of her uncle when she is currently mourning the death of her aunt?" Sir Yeonjun started.

"How can I tell her that her uncle hired an assassin to kill her family, including her? How do I tell her that her parents died while trying to protect her when she was a baby? How do I tell her that her uncle was obsessed with her mother and wanted her mother to be his wife?" Sir Yeonjun rambled on, raising his voice due to the frustration he was facing.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of glass shattering from outside the door. Lord Eun walked to the door to examine the situation. Standing outside was Princess Young-mi.

Princess Young-mi had heard the whole conversation. She heard everything. She found out how her parents died and she believed it was her fault. Tears welled up in her eyes, yet again.

"Your Highness!" Sir Yeonjun looked up upon hearing his father's voice.

"Is it true?" she questioned. Sir Yeonjun hesitated to anwer.

"Sir Yeonjun, I demand an answer." she said, her voice stern yet her body was trembling.

"Yes." Sir Yeonjun finally gave in.

Hearing his answer, she ran. She ran and ran. She never looked back.

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

oh shittttt its about to go dowwnnnnnn 

anyway enjoy and pls vote!