Chapter 6

"Oh Princess Young-mi! You're back!" The locals in the nearby village exclaimed.

"Why yes, good morning to you too, Mr Ko. I would like to buy your finest loaf of bread." Princess Young-mi said, with a bright smile on her face. She could finally breathe properly, now that she is out of the horrid place she calls home.

Bathing herself under the morning sun, many men and women alike admired the Princess' beauty. Her long silky dark hair flowed as the wind blew against it.

"Your Highness, here's your loaf of bread." The Baker announced. The Princess happily paid and walked out the bakery.

"Where to now, Your Highness?" Lady Jang askes the Princess.

"Why don't we visit the orphanage then the library? I'd be delighted to see the children again. Oh I need to buy some paint as well.", Princess Young-mi suggested. Lady Jang nodded.

Walking through the village, the Princess observed children running around, their laughter ringed through her ears. Many shop owners are busy preparing their shop for upcoming customers.

The Princess loved it in the village. She loved how quiet life was. She need not worry about the King and other noblemen and women belittling her.

"Good morning, Your Highness and Lady Jang, the children were looking for you", Ms Lee, the woman who owned the orphanage, greeted.

"Well then, let's not keep them waiting. Shall we?" Princess Young-min said. Ms Lee led the two women to the children, who were in the courtyard.

Upon seeing the Princess, the children swarmed around here.

"There, there children, there's no need to push one another", Ms Lee said, giggling at the children's behaviour.

"Your Highness, could you tell us a story?" One child asked.

"Yes, tell us a story, Your Highness!" Choruses of pleas then came. The Princess giggled.

"Why of course. Come children, gather around", Princess Young-mi said. The children sat around the Princess.

"Once upon a time, there were two younger lovers, Romeo and Juliet. Their love for each other was unmeasurable. However, they could not be together", Princess Young-mi started.

"But why, Your Highness?"

"Well you see my friend, their families resented one another. However, they still fell in love with another, they saw past their differences and embraced their love", she said.

"With the help of the women's nurse, they arranged for the two star-crossed lovers to marry. Unfortunately, when Romeo tried to halt a street fight, it led to the death of Juliet's cousin, for which he was banished for", immersed in the story,  the children started to sympathize with the characters in the story.

"Desperate to reunite with Romeo, Juliet faked her death. Sure enough Romeo shows up..." Princess Young-mi trailed off, hesitation evident in her voice. She did not want the children to know what happened to the lovers.

"Eventually, the two families accepted the young lovers' relationship and gave them their blessings. Romeo and Juliet lived happily together, till their last breath", the voice of a man was heard. The Princess turned around. There he was. The man from the garden.

"Woah...what a happy ending, Your Highness. How did you learn about this story?" A curious child tugged the Princess' gown.

"Well, I read about it. Run along now, go with your friends", the young lad ran towards his friends.

"So, Shakespeare huh. Why didn't you tell them what really happened?" The man said, walking towards the Princess.

"Don't you think they're too young to know the horrible fate of Romeo and Juliet?"

"Well, you do have a point, but they'll eventually learn", he stated.

"Yes they will and they will understand why I didn't tell them the truth, it's for their own good. And, I'm not planning to deceive them." Princess Young-mi justified.

"Anyway, what brings you here?" She asked.

"Well, I visit whenever I'm in town", he answered.

"Oh? I've never seen you around", Princess Young-mi pointed out.

"Well, Your Highness, that's because I've been abroad, studying", He explained. Princess Young-mi's mouth formed an 'O' shape. The young man and women spent half of their day in the orphanage. Playing and helping around. An hour pass lunch, Lady Jang called out to the Princess.

"Your Highness, would you like to go to the library now?"

"You're going to the library?" He asked. The Princess nodded.

"May I tag along?"

"Sure, why not", It wasn't common for Princess Young-mi to be close to anyone except for Lady Jang and the Queen. However, there was something about this man that made her feel safe.

"Why are you going to the library , Your Highness?"

"Why are you not telling me your name?" Princess Young-mi rebutted.

"Touché, Your Highness, touché."

"Are you really not telling me your name?" She asked desperately for answers.

"Hmm, nope", he grinned mischievously as he walked faster.

"Oh? Who is this?" Lady Jang asked.

"Oh, just a friend? Yes, a friend", Princess Young-mi answered.

"Your name, sir?".

"Don't try Aera, he won't give it away", The Princess said bitterly, slightly sulking because of the man.

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

yellow hair Yeonjun for good luck 

enjoyyy!