Chapter 29

"I demand you to get me out of here!" King Eodum shouted for the nth time, his loud, booming voice resonated throughout the empty dungeon. The guards sighed tiredly.

"How dare you insolent fools ignore me. I am your King! I am the King of Methia! When I get out of here, be prepared to be punished!" King Eodum shouted once again.

"It's no use, down here, you have no power." Princess Eunji stepped out of the shadows and walked towards King Eodum's cell.

"Ah, my darling, you're here. I knew you'd come around. Tell these fools to release me." He said, in hopes for his daughter to help him. Princess Eunji scoffed.

"After you tried to kill me, you want my help? You're so shameless. I can't believe I ever considered you as my father." Princess Eunji spat at him. The smile on King Eodum's face faded away when he heard his daughter's words.

"Please, my daughter, I didn't mean to harm you. You know you are my precious jewel." King Eodum sugar-coated his words. Princess Eunji's eyes carried a glint.

"So you're sorry for your actions?" The Princess asked her father. He nodded his head vigorously, happy that his tactics had worked on his daughter.

"Apologise then. Go on, since you're so remorseful." Princess Eunji mocked her father.

"I'm sorry for my actions." King Eodum gritted his teeth as he vocalised his words.

"No. Get on your knees and apologise." Princess Eunji said, not satisfied with his apology. King Eodum looked at his daughter with disbelief on his face. Princess Eunji scoffed once again.

"I came here not to mock you. I came to tell you that Her Highness, Princess Young-mi will be seeing you on trial for your crimes." Princess Eunji announced, before swiftly exiting the dungeon. King Eodum plopped down. He stared blankly at the wall, waiting for the day to pass.

Many nobles gathered in the court, awaiting for the trial to begin. King Eodum stood in the middle of the room without his usual royal robes. Instead, he was dressed in rags. The two royal Princesses entered the room. Princess Young-mi had her husband, Sir Yeonjun by her side, just like he had promised long ago.

"Let us begin the trial." The judge announced to everyone present.

"Your Majesty, is on trial for the murder of the Late King and Queen. As well as your wife, Queen Soojin." King Eodum scoffed at the words.

"You can't prove anything, Your Highness.You haven't got any evidence." He said, mocking Princess Young-mi.

"That's where you're wrong, Your Majesty. Your Honour, with your permission, could I bring in my witnesses?" Princess Young-mi directed her question to the judge.

"Please do, Your Highness."

The doors swung open, revealing a man in chains. King Eodum's grin drooped down into a frown. His eyes widened as he realised who had entered the room.

"Your Honour, I am the assassin ordered by His Majesty, King Eodum, to kill the late King and Queen. My name is Park Junho." He introduced himself to the crowd.

"But you can't prove that I killed Soojin." He voiced out hesitantly.

"But you're wrong father. I heard your whole conversation with Scholar Min-hyung." Princess Eunji followed behind the assassin with the said scholar behind her. With the unexpected words of his daughter, time seemed to slow down for King Eodum, his chest tightened as he felt panic rush through his body.

The crowd started whispering in small groups that soon turned to loud screams that made King Eodum slowly lose his mind.

"Order in the court! Let us begin the trial. Mister Park please tell me exactly what His Majesty told you. Every detail counts, please recall to the best of your ability."

"I was called to the palace by His Majesty. We shared a cup of tea, then he asked me to do him a favour. I thought granting him a simple favour would be harmless. However, when he revealed what his true intentions were, I politely declined, at first he offered me money as payment. When I still rejected his advances, His Majesty threatened me with my family, how could I let my family die. He gave me no choice but to obey his commands."

"He ordered me to kill King Young-min and Princess Young-mi only, however, I unintentionally murdered Queen A-yeong who was trying to protect Her Highness, Princess Young-mi. It was never my intention to take your family away from you, Your Highness. I'm so sorry." Mister Park repeatedly apologised as he broke down. Princess Young-mi who was listening intently to the man shed a few tears, she had already decided to forgive him, seeing that he was basically forced to do something he clearly did not want to.

"I went into hiding after that night, but His Majesty had been searching for me all these years. The Choi Family had kept me safe from King Eodum." King Eodum glared at the assassin, cursing him under his breath.

"HAH, you believe this shit of a story? This child is deprived of love and is clearly delusional!" King Eodum pointed at Princess Young-mi.

"Order in the court! Your Majesty, please compose yourself! This is no place for you to lash out!" the judge said sternly.

"Your Highness, Scholar Min-hyung, please speak now." the judge continued.

"I'm an accomplice of King Eodum, I approached him a few weeks before the Late Queen Soojin's birthday and made a deal with him. At that time I was infatuated with Princess Young-mi who was betrothed to Sir Yeonjun. I wanted to get rid of Sir Yeonjun so I could be with Her Highness, so we came up with a plan to get Sir Yeonjun out of the picture. We would accuse him of poisoning Her Majesty, but His Majesty deceived me." Scholar Min-hyung confessed with his head down, ashamed to show his face to the public.

"I heard their conversation on the night of my mother's death. I clearly heard their conversation. My father is the mastermind."

"You're all filthy liars! All of you." King Eodum shouted in a fit of rage.

"Order in the court! I have made my verdict!" Everyone fell silent, not wanting to miss what the judge was going to say next.

"King Eodum, you are..."

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

sorry idk how things go down in court soo... pls bear w this