Chapter 22

Princess Young-mi felt a rush of emotions. She was not mad at Sir Yeonjun, in fact, she was mad at herself. She blamed herself for not being able to protect her loved ones. She hated the fact that she did not have any power to protect her loved ones. And it was all because of that man. That man; Her uncle is the cause of all her pain and misery. That was when she knew she did not want anything to do with the throne, even though it was her birthright.

Princess Young-mi stopped running as she felt strong arms wrap around her body. Sir Yeonjun had chased after her, he wanted to set things right.

"Let me explain." Sir Yeonjun whispered gently into the Princess' ear. Not wanting to hear anything that comes out of his mouth, she yanked his arms off her.

"Get off me!" Princess Young-mi screamed at her fiance.

"Why are you doing this?! I never had a desire for the throne!" Princess Young-mi cried out, wiping her tears away trying to look strong. But deep down, her heart was torn into a billion pieces, damaged, beyond repair.

"It's your birthright! You're the rightful heir to the throne, not that monster that you call uncle. I know you've been through a lot of pain because of him but now is the time to strike at him and take over the throne!"

"Can't you see that I have no desire for the throne?!" Princess Young-mi furiously screamed, already tired of their conversation.

"Can't you see that I'm trying to help you?!" Sir Yeonjun finally snapped and raised his voice.

"I don't need your help! I want to live a peaceful and quiet life!" The Princess rebutted.

"And let that monster hog the throne that was rightfully yours? Are you going to let him walk all over you? Do you not have any respect for yourself? You're a Princess for fuck's sake! Live up to your title!" Sir Yeonjun rebutted, his voice stern, different from the usual tone he used towards the Princess.

"Yes, I am a Princess, one with no political power nor position! I'm a waste of space! A mistake! A disappointment! I let my parents and aunt die in the hands of King Eodum! I'm powerless!" She degraded herself.

Sir Yeonjun just stood there, shocked. The once composed and elegant young woman he knew was gone. The woman in front of him was a broken girl, one who doesn't know her own worth. And this was because she was never given the love and affection a child needed from her parents. She just craved to be loved; Any form of love, in fact. But she had no one. After realising that fact, it broke Sir Yeonjun's heart. He looked down, realising the weight of his words.

"I'm hopeless," she started. "I can't live like this anymore."

Sir Yeonjun's anger died down as soon as he heard how weak and vulnerable she sounded. His eyes wandered to her figure, she was trembling. Her hands clenched her long, flowy gown, creating unpleasant wrinkles. Soft sniffles were heard. His eyes softened at the sight of his fiance.

He slowly walked to her and snaked his arms around her waist, gently pulling her into his embrace, as an attempt to comfort her.

"Why are you helping me anyway? It's not like you're obligated to help me." She croaked out between her sobs.

"That's where you're wrong. I made a promise to your parents before that passed, they knew that King Eodum was plotting against them. Therefore, they asked my family to help you rightfully claim the throne if ever anything happens to them."

"I intend to keep that promise, because I love you and you deserve it." Sir Yeojun stated, cupping Princess Young-mi's cheeks and wiping her tears.

"What promise?" She looked up at him with wide, curious eyes that still had tears in them. He looked at her endearingly.

"If you really must know, I promised King Eodum and Queen A-yeong to stay by you no matter what may come."

Princess Young-mi pulled away from his embrace.

"Alright, tell me everything." Princess Young-mi said. Sir Yeonjun looked at her in confusion, not understanding what she meant.

"Tell me how to take my rightful place on the throne. It is my birthright, given to me by my parents. And I will not let that man sit on my throne for any longer.."

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

louder for the ones in the back hunney
my exams finally endeddd yayyyyyy!!!! I'll try to be more active nowwwww 🫶🫶🫶