Chapter 20

Princess Young-mi's body shot upwards as she woke up from the same recurring nightmare she has had for years. However, there was something different about this dream. This time, there was a man, he stayed by the Princess' side as she ran and hid from King Eodum. He never showed his face, but she felt safe in his arms as he shielded her from the King.

Princess Young-mi frantically looked around her, checking her surroundings. Sir Yeonjun, who had his head on Princess Young-mi's bed, felt her movement and woke up.

After Princess Young-mi was released, the Choi Family had decided on staying in the Palace for the night as they were worried about the Princess. They had visited the Princess before calling it a night and retreating to their guest room. However, Sir Yeonjun had insisted on staying so that he could take care of his fiancé if she woke up, which she did.

He saw the panicked state she was in and immediately brought her into his arms to comfort her.

"What's wrong, my love?" Sir Yeonjun asked as the Princess cried into his shoulder. He stroked her hair, hoping it would help her calm down. Seeing as she was not ready to answer his question, Sir Yeonjun stayed quiet and let her cry into his shoulder. He slowly swayed their bodies back and forth and continued to stroke her hair. Sir Yeonjun occasionally placed soft kisses on her forehead and cheek, seemingly reassuring the Princess that he was there for her.

After some time, the Princess calmed down. She looked up at her fiancé, who brought his hand to her face, cupping her cheeks. His thumbs wiped the tears on her face. Sir Yeonjun stared at her with worry in his eyes, he wanted to know why she was crying. But he didn't want to force the Princess to tell him.

"Are you feeling alright now?" Sir Yeonjun asked gently. Princess Young-mi nodded and sniffled. She opened her mouth to say something but she hesitated.

"You don't have to tell me what is troubling you just yet, my Princess. You can take your time. I'll be patient." Sir Yeonjun commented, as she brushed a strand of hair away from her face.

"No, I want to tell you this, it's been haunting me." The Princess insisted. Sir Yeonjun looked her in the eyes and straightened his back, ready to listen to what she had to say.

"I've been having this recurring nightmare for years, where His Majesty chases me around the Palace to kill me. I know this sounds crazy, but I feel as if one day this dream will come true and that I will die in the hands of King Eodum." Princess Young-mi shared.

"That dream will never come true, My Princess. I will make sure of it. I will do everything in my power to protect you, as well as empower you so you can protect yourself." Sir Yeonjun said, squeezing her hands, trying to reassure her that he means his words.

"Thank you, Yeonjun." Princess Young-mi blurted out. Sir Yeonjun looks at her with confusion.

"For what, my love?" He asked curiously.

"For everything. You always make me feel safe and loved. You never miss the opportunity to make me smile even though I don't really have anything to smile about in my dull life. But you have given me a reason to smile and push forward with my life. I'm thankful for you." Princess Young-mi confessed.

Sir Yeonjun smiled lovingly at his fiancé, he was touched by her words. It made him fall in love with her all over again.

He brought his face closer to hers, he didn't waste anymore time like he did the day before. His lips came into contact with the Princess'. Princess Young-mi melted into the kiss. It was full of love and adoration. Butterflies filled both their stomachs. Sir Yeonjun pulled away and placed another kiss on her forehead.

"Good night, my love." He said,  trying to get off the Princess' bed but he was pulled back.

"Where are you going?" Princess Young-mi inquired.

"The couch, my love." Sir Yeonjun said.

"Can you sleep beside me? Just for tonight?" Princess Young-mi asked shyly with her head down. Sir Yeonjun chuckled, finding his fiancé's behaviour rather cute.

"Anything for you." Sir Yeonjun stated, Princess Young-mi scooted over making enough space for him. Once he was settled on her bed, he placed his hand on Princess Young-mi's waist  and brought her closer to him.

"Good night, My Princess. I love you." Princess Young-mi heard before drifting off into a deep slumber.

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

not me getting envious of my own character that i made up 🥲

this chapter is like a filler chapter yeahhh, i  wanted to add some young-mi and yeonjun scenes cuz i felt like the last chapter was kinda dull (idk if that is an accurate description but we'll act like it is )

anyway... stay tuned for txt comeback, minisode 2!!!!!