Chapter 7

"So why is Your Highness going to the library?"

"To borrow books of course, I've finished reading the books I borrowed from my last visit", Princess Young-mi answered.

"Oh and to return the books I borrowed as well." They entered the library with Lady Jang trailing behind.

"Ah Your Highness, you're back. Have you already finished the books you've borrowed? Goodness, you're a fast reader." The librarian said, looking up from the counter.

"And I see you've brought a new friend." The librarian stated his observation. Upon seeing the Princess' new friend, the librarian smiled.

"Ah welcome back young man, your father told me you'll be staying here after your studies. I didn't think it'd be that soon", he said.

"Do you perhaps know one another?" Princess Young-mi asked curiously.

"Of course, he used to visit when he was in town", the librarian answered.

"I've never seen him around, though", the Princess stated once again.

"Well, Your Highness, that's because you're always too busy reading or looking for a book to notice me", the man said.

"Alright, enough of the chitchat, young ones. What can I do for you, Your Highness?" The librarian turned to the Princess.

"I'm here to return the books... and borrow a few", Princess Young-mi giggled, a slight blush forming on her cheeks. Unbeknownst to her, the man beside her was captivated by her laugh.

"Your Highness, I'm going to the nearby herbal shop, I trust that you, sir, whoever you may be, will keep her company?" Lady Jang asked.

The man nodded.

"Alright Aera, hurry back", the Princess said.

"Father, have you seen my astronomy book? I've got to go to class soon, and I need that book", Scholar Min-hyung walked down the stairs fixing his outfit, looking up, he saw Princess Young-mi and a new face.

Yes, Scholar Min-hyung is not of noble blood, he is, in fact, a commoner. However, his talents were recognized and he was sponsored by the Queen herself. The Queen would pay for his education, and study in the top schools. In return, he would have to serve in the King's Royal Court when he comes of age.

Of course, he couldn't pass up this chance. Being one of His Majesty's people would be a great benefit and he would be able to help his family financially.

"Oh Your Highness, you're here with...?" He gestured to the unknown man.

"Oh, he doesn't give out his name easily", Princess Young-mi said.

"Ah, anyway, have you seen my book, father?" He inquired once again.

"Have you looked under your bed Min-hyung?" His father said unamused, Scholar Min-hyung snapped his fingers and ran up once again. Princess Young-mi giggled at his adorable behaviour.

"He may be smart, but he sure is clumsy and forgetful", the Princess commented. The librarian chuckled. Turning away, Princess Young-mi began to look for books.

"What kind of books do you read, Your Highness?"

"Well, I love a good love story", Princess Young-mi answered.

"Explains all the Shakespeare", he chuckled.

"How about you? What's your take on love stories?" The Princess asked.

"Me? Love stories are great and all but I'd like to experience it with someone I truly love, someone who makes me feel special", he said, the Princess said, noticing that there was a sparkle in his eyes.

"Well, it seems like you're already in love", Princess Young-mi stated with a smile on her face, but deep down she felt somehow... sad. And she didn't know why. The man chuckled nervously .

"You can say that I'm in love. I've actually admired her from afar for many years, but she hasn't noticed me. We met when we were younger but she doesn't remember. She was too young back then", he said.

"Oh, well, why don't you approach her?"

"It's...complicated."

Suddenly a servant came rushing in the library, he frantically looked around. When his eyes laid upon the man in front of the Princess, he called out to him.

"Sir! Your father is asking for you. It's urgent", the servant said.

"Your Highness, I will take my leave. Have a good day", he said, leaving her alone, like he did in the garden.

The man arrived home and immediately walked to his father's study.

"You called for me, father?"

"Ah yes, my son, I received word that there would be a hunting competition between nobles hosted by the Royal Family. Since I'm too old to participate, you'll represent the House of Choi", His father said.

"I haven't made my debut to society yet", his son pointed out.

"I'm aware, that's why you'll be debuting to society on that day", his father said.