Chapter 19

King Eodum smiled to himself as he walked back to his study. He grinned in satisfaction as he thought about the earlier events.

"Your Majesty, just as you said, Princess Young-mi is gifting Her Majesty a herbal tea." One of his servants announced.

"Good, sneak this poison in her tea just before it is served to her." King Eodum instructed, handing him a tiny bottle of poison given by Scholar Min-hyung. The servant nodded and dismissed himself.

In the kitchen, while Lady Park prepared the herbal tea, the servant put a few drops into the cup of tea while Lady Park had her back turned. He then rushed out of the kitchen and reported to King Eodum.

He rushed back to the garden. King Eodum noticed his presence from a distance, the servant nodded and bowed to him, signalling to the King that the deed had been done.

He then glanced at the Queen sipping the tea, watching her every move, anticipating her death. Then it happened, she died.

As King Eodum reached his study, he settled down on his seat and sighed contently.

"Your Majesty, I thought we agreed to accuse Sir Yeonjun instead of The Princess." Scholar Min-hyung barged into the room. His voice, a panicked tone.

"What are you talking about, child?" King Eodum asked, grinning.

"Did you really think I would let her live? She's better off dead. What do you see in her, anyway." The King commented about Princess Young-mi. This made Scholar Min-hyung's blood boil.

"We had a deal, Your Majesty." Scholar Min-hyung stated, his voice stern and void of emotions. He was slowly losing his mind, he couldn't imagine what the Princess was going through at the moment.

"Hah, did you really think that I would keep my word? I can get away with this. I am the fucking King. And you? You're a fucking peasant in love with a wench." King Eodum laughed hysterically, amused by what he just said.

Not able to take the insults the King was throwing at him, Scholar Min-hyung walked out of the room. He swore to put a stop to the King's evil plans.

"Don't worry Princess, I will save you." scholar Min-hyung said.

Unbeknownst to the two men, Princess Eunji had heard their whole conversation. She learned who the real culprit was; Her father. She felt sick. She felt sick because she was related to her father. She hated the fact she was related to the monster that killed her mother. Princess Eunji ran to her room, not wanting to see that monster's face. She felt betrayed, she knew her father did not love her mother, but she didn't expect him to kill her mercilessly.

Scholar Min-hyung walked through the Palace, trying to think of a way to save the Princess. It was his responsibility anyway. He was the reason she ended up behind bars.

Then, an idea popped up in his head.

"Father, Mother do something. You know Her Highness did not poison Her Majesty!" Sir Yeonjun yelled, panic evident in his voice.

"I know, son, but we do not know who did it." Lady Eunkyung comforted her son, who was pacing back and forth with tears in his eyes. He feared the worst would happen to the Princess.

"I did it, I poisoned the cup of tea." The Choi Family turned around to see Scholar Min-hyung. Sir Yeonjun , who did not have control over his feelings, landed a punch on the Scholar's face. He was furious.

"Why! Why would you do that?!" Sir Yeonjun grabbed his collar in a rough manner. His father pulled him away from the injured man.

"Call the guards!" Lady Eunkyung instructed their servants. Scholar Min-hyung broke down. He cried, happy to be able to save the Princess. He finally did something good for the Princess. Soon, the guards came and brought him to the dungeon, with the Choi Family following closely behind them.

As they reached the dungeon, Sir Yeonjun caught sight of the Princess. The guards unlocked the gate of the cell.

"My Princess!" Sir Yeonjun cried out. Upon hearing her name, Scholar Min-hyung brought his head up. The scene he saw made his heart break; however, he somehow felt relief that the Princess was safe in another's arms. That was then Scholar Min-hyung realised his feelings towards the Princess.

It wasn't love; It was emotional attachment. He did not love her, he was terrified of the idea of being alone after she would marry Sir Yeonjun.

"Your Majesty, we have caught the real culprit who poisoned Her Majesty." King Eodum stood up as he registered the guard's words.

"Who?!" King Eodum shouted.

"Scholar Min-hyung." The guard answered. The King sighed, waving his hand as a sign for the guard to leave the room.

The King sighed in frustration. He took the nearest object and threw it across the room.

"Are you playing me boy?"

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

sorry for the inconsistency, sch is being such a bitch 😤
anyway... TMI for the day, so my older cousin took my brother and i to a place whr we can play VR games and i got jump scared while playing the game. my cousin has a vid of me and is using it as blackmail... 😭

here's handsome yeonjun to brighten up ur day!