Chapter 28

King Eodom turned his attention toward the voice. There she stood, full of confidence. She took long, confident steps towards King Eodum. For the very first time since his reign as King, he felt intimidated. King Eodum stood there, his feet rooted to the ground as shock flowed through his veins.

"I did, Your Majesty. Oh, but I don't think you deserve that title after all that you have done." Princess Young-mi stated as she walked past the crowd of people that were just as shocked as King Eodum. He cleared his throat and composed himself not wanting to feel inferior to his niece.

"Why, I would never do that to my beloved brother and my sister-in-law. How dare you accuse me of such a crime. After all that I have done for you!" King Eodum said defensively. Princess Young-mi just stared at him with a blank expression then laughed at the supposedly King in amusement.

"Oh stop with the act, Your Majesty. There's no use." Princess Young-mi stated. King Eodum looked around his surroundings, studying the faces of his people. No one looked at him with respect like they used to.

"Do you people actually believe every word that comes out of this wench? She is nothing! She's an orphan, with no parents!" King Eodum shouted at the crowd, his vein shopping out of his neck.

"That's because you killed them, you cold-blooded monster!" Someone from the crowd fired back at King Eodum. The rest of the crowd started talking once again, agreeing to what the person said.

King Eodum's blood boiled even more, everything went wrong. All his hard work to get to where he was went down the drain. King Eodum looked at his one and only hope, his beloved daughter. He grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her violently.

"My sweet, dear child, you don't believe her don't you?" He desperately asked Princess Eunji.

"Get off me! I believe her! Everything that comes out of Princess Young-mi's mouth is true!" Princess Eunji pushed King Eodum away, freeing herself from his strong grip.

"You ungrateful wench! I have given everything for you and this is how you repay me?!" King Eodum walked towards Princess Eunji and wrapped his hands around her neck, slowly lifting her up in a fit of rage. Princess Eunji gasped for air. Running towards her uncle in desperation to help her cousin, Princess Young-mi pushed King Eodum's body, making him drop Princess Eunji's to the ground.

"Are you alright?" Princess Young-mi asked worriedly as she had her back towards King Eodum.

His anger grew, making him dangerously violent. He searched for a weapon, anything that could hurt someone. His eyes caught sight of a sharp sword of a nearby knight. His eyes held an evil glint, he swiftly drew the sword away from the knight. Running towards the two Princesses who were unaware of him, he slowly lifted the sword above his head. But before he could strike, another sword got in his way.

"You will not lay a finger on my wife." Sir Yeonjun arrived at the scene just in time. His eyes filled with rage towards the man who took away everything his wife loved.

"I will not let you harm the rightful heir to the throne." Sir Yeonjun continued, he kicked King Eodum's chest, making him fall backwards.

"My dear, are you alright?" Lady Eunkyung rushed to the two Princesses.

"Please get the royal physician to see her." Princess Young-mi asked her mother-in-law and she handed her unconscious cousin to her. Lady Eunkyung nodded, then got the servants to help bring Princess Eunji back to the Palace.

Meanwhile, King Eodum struggled as he tried to free himself from the royal guards.

"Please take him to the dungeon." Princess Young-mi approached the guards. They nodded and forcefully dragged King Eodum away.

"You will not get away with this!" King Eodum spat at the couple as he was unwillingly dragged away. Sir Yeonjun then turned to his wife, bringing her into his embrace.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt? God... what were you thinking?" Sir Yeonjun asked worriedly as he examined his wife, searching for any scratch on her fragile body.the way he handled her as if she was fine China.

"No, love, I'm not hurt anywhere." Princess Young-mi stated, bringing her hand towards Sir Yeonjun's face, cupping it. She placed a soft kiss on his lips, in hopes to calm him down. Of course, it worked.

"Let us go now, this is only the beginning."

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

ok sir yeonjun, that was kinda hot tbh 🫣