Chapter 5

Princess Young-mi huffed as she ran past the long corridors of the Palace. Desperate to get away from the man chasing her, she ran faster and faster, taking longer strides. Warm tears started to form in her eyes.

Her foot got caught by the carpet, making her fall forward. Muttering curses under her breath, she hurriedly picked herself up. At the corner of the long corridor, she saw his silhouette, tall and walking intimidatingly slow.

Princess Young-mi ran to the nearest room. She closed the door, locking it making sure he would not be able to find her.

She leaned against the door and collapsed to the floor. She was terrified, the time has come; she was going to die, in his hands.

The Princess heard footsteps on the opposite side of the door. It stopped right in front of her door, Princess Young-mi held her breath, not wanting to give away her hiding spot. Soon, the footsteps retreated further away from her hiding spot.

She let out a sigh of relief and lifted her head, she sighed tiredly and examined the room she was in. The Princess' eyes grew big as she realized where she was. Suddenly, the door swung open, Princess Young-mi ran away from the door. Slowly, he walked in.

"Hello... Princess Young-mi, fancy seeing you in my room. What brings you here?" King Eodum said amusingly.

Princess Young-mi stepped back. Looking around the room, she tried to find an escape route. She didn't have time to think as The King's hands wrapped itself around her neck. Princess Young-mi struggled as she was slowly lifted up.

"My,my Princess...Are you scared? Then again, I am trying to kill you, that explains the fear in your eyes".

"Please...Your Majesty, spare my life", The Princess pleaded her voice cracking as she sobbed.

"Hmmm... Let me think, should I spare you? Killing you, I would have to cover it up and it would spark attention especially from the commoners. But, that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make", King Eodum laughed hysterically, delighted at the sight in front of him.

"No...please", She pleaded one last time.

"Well, Princess, say 'hi' to your parents for me".

Princess Young-mi's body shot up. Gasping for air, she looked around, seeing that she was in her room, she let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

She ran towards her door and locked it, paranoid that someone would barge in her room. Once she locked her door, she walked to her bed.

Princess Young-mi had been the same nightmare for years. She believes its a sign; one day she'll die in the hands of King Eodum. And no one is going to save her. No one has and will save her. She was hopeless. Each day, the Princess grew more and more anxious.

It was horrible for the Princess, she knew she was going to die, but she didn't know how and when.

"How long am I going to live like this?" She asked herself. Walking towards her window, looking out, she saw the moon hung on the night sky that was decorated with thousands of beautiful stars.

"Mother, Father... why did you leave me here?" Princess Young-mi asked, tears slowly streaming down her face. The wind blew against her skin, making the Princess feel cold, but she couldn't care less. She quickly wiped her tears with the back of her hand.

"No, I shouldn't cry. Mother and Father wouldn't like that. It was just a nightmare Young-mi, and you've been having it for years. Nothing is going to happen." Princess Young-mi tried to convince herself. However, she couldn't shake a strange feeling away.

Meanwhile, a few miles away from the Palace. Two men were conversing in a study room of a large mansion.

"Are you sure you're ready for this, son? As much as I want you to do this, I don't want to lose my son". A man dressed in luxurious robes stood in front of the fireplace.

"Yes, father, I'm ready. I've made a promise. haven't I? I'm not about to break it just because I'm scared. I'm doing this for her and only her. She deserves her happiness" He bravely said, his face void of fear.

His father turned to him and flashed a proud smile. "I'm proud of you, my son. I'm sure the late King is also proud of you."

He smiled contently at his father, who placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Now, let us start planning, no?" His father said.