Chapter 25

King Eodum walked through the long halls of the palace, the overwhelming feeling of stress suddenly engulfed him. He pushed the doors to his study open rather aggressively.

"I need to find the assassin. I need to end his life, and I need to do it fast." He whispered to himself.

Meanwhile, outside, in the halls of the palace, there stood the two Princesses sharing a warm embrace. Princess Eunji trembled as she cried onto her cousin's shoulder. Not being able to comprehend the amount of love and understanding Princess Young-mi was giving her; She felt overwhelmed.

"I'm so so sorry." Princess Eunji apologised repeatedly, almost as if she was a broken recorder. Princess Young-mi did not utter a word at first, giving time for her cousin to let her heart out. She did not mind that her gown was getting soaked by her cousin's tears.

"I don't blame you for my misfortunes." Princess Young-mi voiced out after her cousin had calmed down, though there still were tears evident in her eyes.

"But all I ever did to you was disrespect and belittle you. You ought to get hurt by my actions."

"Yes, I did get hurt by you, but that was all because you were influenced by your father." Princess Young-mi answered.

"So why don't you get mad? Why don't you scream at me? I was like a  puppet controlled by my father." Princess Eunji cried out in a weak voice.

"You should not let who your father is define you, if he is a cold-blooded monster, then so be it. You will just have to learn to grow from it. Which you did and you came to ask for forgiveness." Princess Young-mi smiled proudly at her cousin, happy that they are finally having a healthy conversation.

Princess Eunji embraced her cousin once more, feeling grateful for her words.

"I never really got the chance to say this but, you and Sir Yeonjun look really great together. I can tell that he is madly in love with you. He looks at you as if you're the most precious thing in the world. And the way he holds you, it's as if he is handling the most fragile thing on earth. I'm happy you married someone like him." Princess Eunji whispered in her cousin's ear.

Princess Young-mi blushed at her words, not being able to respond to her comment, she kept her head down in an embarrassed manner.

"I can tell you're madly in love too." Princess Eunji wiggled her eyebrows playfully. Princess Young-mi then pushed her lightly in a playful way.

"Alright then, I won't keep you for long. Your husband might be waiting for you, after all, it is your first night as a married couple." Princess Eunji added before scurrying away towards her room. Princess Young-mi didn't have time to react to her comment, when she looked at her cousin, all she saw was her retreating back.

She suddenly realised the meaning behind her cousin's words. Princess Young-mi slowly walked to her and Sir Yeonjun's room. Her thoughts slowly consumed her. Without realising, she had already reached the place where she and her husband would spend the night.

Princess Young-mi's hands grabbed her gown, creating wrinkles. She took a few deep breaths. Her hand slowly made its way to the doorknob, gripping it ever so tightly, as if her life depended on it.

"Dear? Is something wrong?" Princess Young-mi jumped at the sudden appearance of her mother-in-law.

"Ah, yes. Please don't worry about me. I was just about to enter the room." Princess Young-mi explained. Lady Eunkyung nodded.

"Alright then my dear, good night." Lady Eunkyung said before entering her own room.

Princess Young-mi plucked up her courage and finally opened the door, revealing her husband who seemed to be waiting for her.

"My love, what took you so long? How was your talk with Her Highness?" Sir Yeonjun asked as he made his way to his wife.

"Oh, she apologised and I forgave her. I'm sorry to keep you waiting." Princess Young-mi said, placing a hand on her husband's cheek. Sir Yeonjun held her hand and brought it to his lips, kissing the palm of Princess Young-mi's hand.

This action alone triggered butterflies in the Princess' stomach. Princess Young-mi's mind went blank and she looked down. Sir Yeonjun noticed this, then smiled endearingly at his wife.

"My love, if you're not ready to get intimate with me. I will be more than happy to wait. After all, you're my woman now. And I plan to keep it that way." Sir Yeonjun said, his words comforted the Princess.

She smiled apologetically at her husband, but he returned an assuring smile.

"Come now, change into your nightwear and let's call it a night." He said.

Sir Yeonjun meant his words, however, it took everything in him to keep himself in control. The way she looked at him made his mind go hazy. She shone so ethereally under the moonlight, he couldn't help but to feel lust for his wife that very moment.

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

yeonjun 👀