Chapter 11

Choruses of gasps were heard, everyone was shocked, including the Princess herself. Princess Young-mi's cheeks flushed red, she certainly did not expect Sir Yeonjun to offer her his catch.

"Of course, Your Grace, Princess Young-mi would gratefully accept your catch", Lady Jang saved the Princess. Sir Yeonjun picked himself up and bowed to Princess Young-mi. Scholar Min-hyung looked at Princess Young-mi and Sir Yeonjun from afar, he tried to ignore the stinging feeling in his heart but he couldn't.

"Now that everyone is back from the forest, let us now announce the winner of this year's annual hunting competition. This year's winner is... Sir Yeonjun from the House of Choi.

"Congratulations, Your Grace". There were roars of claps and praises heard for Sir Yeonjun as he humbly bowed towards the crowd of nobles then to the Royal Family. As Sir Yeonjun straightened his back after his bow, he held eye contact with Princess Young-mi. He gave the Princess a warm smile.

Flustered, Princess Young-mi tore away her eyes from the man.

"Your Highness, are you okay? Your face is bright red! Goodness the heat of the day must have gotten to you. I'll fetch you a fresh cup of water. Wait here, Your Highness", Lady Jang said frantically rushing away from Princess Young-mi.

The Princess was left alone, once again. Their Majesties had gone off to interact with the nobles while Princess Eunji was disturbing Scholar Min-hyung for the nth time today.

"Um, Your Highness? Do you mind if I keep you company?" Sir Yeonjun approached Princess Young-mi.

"Well, I don't see why not,'' Princess Young-mi replied.

"Shall we go to a more secluded area?" Princess Young-mi glanced at Yeonjun with a look of disbelief.

"No! Your Highness, I didn't mean it that way. I figured you'd be uncomfortable in an open space. You could bring Lady Jang along, I would never do that to a woman, let alone you", Sir Yeonjun defended himself after realizing his words.

The Princess giggled at Yeonjun's state of panic and distress. "Of course, Your Grace. Lady Jang is on her way here. Will you be able to wait?" Princess Young-mi asked .

"Certainly, Your Highness".

"Your Highness, oh, Your Grace you're here as well. I've just realized that the other ladies-in-waitings have a special order from Her Majesty. Is it alright for me to leave you here with Sir Yeonjun? Of course it is." Lady Jang grinned mischievously towards the Princess before walking away. Princess Young-mi stared at Lady Jang's retreating back as she mentally cursed her for purposely leaving her with Sir Yeonjun.

"Well then, shall we, Your Highness?" SIr Yeonjun asked, reaching out his hand for the Princess to take. Princess Young-mi gratefully took his hand and they began walking around the area. Many eyes were on them as they walked around, making Princess Young-mi uncomfortable. On the other hand, Sir Yeonjun shot glares at those who stared at them, making them feel intimidated under his sharp gaze.

"Aren't you mad at me, Your Highness?" The Princess shook her head in as a response. Yeonjun stared at her, his forehead forming creases.

"But why? I hid my identity from you". Princess Young-mi chuckled and looked up at him.

"Well, if you must know, I could tell you had a good reason, and I knew you would tell me your identity sooner or later. But I admit, I was shocked, of all people I wouldn't expect you to be the son of Sir Eun. No offense." Princess Young-mi sheepishly said.

"I see. Well, my father and I do have differences. I understand where you're coming from", Sir Yeonjun added.

The two youths continued their walk until it was time to head back for lunch. The Royal chefs would make a feast for the nobles and the Royal Family.

"So, Your Highness, how was your time with Sir Yeonjun? Did you have fun?" Lady Jang asked excitedly.

"Aera, it was just a friendly talk with Sir Yeonjun", the Princess answered.

"I beg to differ. The way he looks at you says otherwise. He was basically shooting heart arrows towards you. Both of you go well together, Your Highness", Lady Jang squealed happily.

"Aera, just let me eat", Princess Young-mi huffed in annoyance.

At the other end of the table sat two young men opposite each other, Sir Yeonjun and Scholar Min-hyung. Scholar Min-hyung had been sneakily taking glances at Yeonjun.

"So, Sir Yeonjun, how did you get close to the Princess?", Scholar Min-hyung asked, the surrounding nobes' ears perked up at the interesting topic.

"Oh, well, I crossed paths with her when I visited the nearby orphanage. Why do you ask, Scholar Min-hyung? ", Sir Yeonjun answered.

"Oh just curious".

"My dearest people, I thank you all for attending this year's hunting competition. Now, let us feast on this delicious meal," King Eodum announced.