Chapter 27

"Your Highness, we're ready." Princess Young-mi looked up from her desk and nodded acknowledging the words of her lady-in-waiting.

"Call for my husband and his parents, please." Lady Jang lowered her head, bowing, then walked out the room.

"My love, you called?" Sir Yeonjun walked in with his parents behind him. The Princess stood up and walked towards them.

"Everything is set". She claimed. Sir Yeonjun and his parents exchanged glances, a look of worry and excitement written all over their faces.

"Alright then, let us get that bastard off your throne". Sir Yeonjun said, a look of determination seen on his face, as he held his wife's hands. His parents behind him shared similar expressions.

"Alright then, my dear, what do you intend to do first?" Lord Choi asked the Princess.

"Why don't we give His Majesty a birthday present?" Princess Young-mi grinned mischievously, her eyes carried a wicked glint.

"Your Majesty, your carriage is ready." King Eodum was escorted out of his study by his secretary. The servants of the palace stared and whispered to each other as he walked by. Curious as to what his servants were yapping about he turned to his secretary.

"What is going on? Why is everyone acting odd today?' King Eodum asked. He was very much bothered by his servants, he had a feeling they were talking about him.

But little did he know, his gut feeling was right.

"I apologise, Your Majesty, but I do not know." His secretary bowed his head. King Eodum looked at him with an unsatisfied expression, he then waved his hand, putting an end to their discussion.

As King Eodum eyed his servants in the palace, he could not shake the unsettling feeling away. He hesitantly boarded his carriage and made his way to the village for a festival that was held especially for him, as it was his birth date.

The village folk on the street mimicked the same actions as the servants of the palace. Every now and then King Eodum would hear snide comments about him. He held his anger. Not wanting to lose his temper so early in the morning.

"Your Majesty, we have reached the festival." His secretary's sudden announcement pulled King Eodum out of his daze. King Eodum slowly alighted his carriage. He was greeted by noble men and women who, too,seemed indifferent.

"This way, Your Majesty." King Eodum was escorted to his seat opposite the stage. He pushed his negative thoughts to the back of his head. After all, today was his day. He ought to enjoy it, or so he thought.

"Good morning, my child." King Eodum greeted his daughter lovingly, still unaware of the amount of resentment she had for him.

"Morning, father. I hope you are enjoying your day." Princess Eunji said monotonously.

"Of course, I am. Now that I have seen my gorgeous daughter." King Eodum said. Princess Eunji gagged internally as she remembered how she used to love it when King Eodum would shower her with compliments. Now, she hated the very fact that they were breathing the same oxygen.

"Shall we watch the play now? I know how much you love watching plays, father." Princess Eunji said, trying to avoid conversing with her father any further. King Eodum nodded then shifted her attention to the stage.

"Where's that wicked cousin of yours?" King Eodum asked abruptly, startling his daughter.

"Oh, she had some business to attend to."

"After all I've provided for her, she dares not to attend a small festival." King Eodum commented, making Princess Eunji's blood boil. It was bad enough that she was already furious at the sight of her father, but his comment gave her another reason to add on her list on why she
resents King Eodum.

Before Princess Eunji could defend her cousin, the play was stopped by knights.

"What is the meaning of all this?" King Eodum asked, visibly upset that the play was disrupted.

"Arrest him." Sir Soobin commanded his subordinates. King Eodum was shocked, he did not know what was happening.

The knights scurried to the King's side.

"How dare you lay your hands on me?! You insolent fools! I am your King!" He screamed.

The crowds' whispers turned into screams.

"So it's true that he killed the late King and Queen." One village folk exclaimed. This comment gained King Eodum's attention.

"He killed his brother because he was obsessed with his wife. He even ordered an assassin to kill them." King Eodum's heart dropped hearing the village folk. So this was what they were whispering about.

"How could this happen?" He whispered to himself. Soon, realisation hit him; Someone had found out about his crimes and exposed him.

"No, who did this?!" At King Eodum's sudden outburst, the crowd fell silent. No one dared to talk. No one but one person.

"I did."

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

double update yayyyyy! 

enjoy and pls vote