Chapter 9

It was the day of the hunting competition between the nobles. It has been two days since Princess Young-mi's encounter with the man, whose initials were 'C.Y.J'. The Princess, nonetheless, was still clueless about his identity. The only other thing she knew about him was that he was a noble, seeing that he had a servant look for him two days ago, and that his father was well-known.

"Your Highness, you look stunning in your gown", Lady Jang commented, aw-struck by the Princess's goddess-like  appearance.

The Princess wore a long flowy gown that was violet in colour. She had reused the gown of her mother, the Late Queen, and tailored it to her style. The gown hugged the Princess on the right spots; it accentuated Princess Young-mi's waist. In simple terms, she was drop dead gorgeous.

When the Princess was finally ready, she walked out of her room and waited at the entrance of the Palace.

"Why, Princess Young-mi, you look gorgeous!" Queen Soojin said, mouth agape.

"So do you, Your Majesty," Princess Young-mi smiled happily.

The King and Queen wore a passionate red, to present themselves as the Father and Mother of the Kingdom of Methia.

"Father, how do I look?" Princess Eunji arrived at the scene. King Eodum turned towards his daughter.

"My dear, you look beautiful", he said. Satisfied with her father's words, Princess Eunji turned to Princess Young-mi, she then made a disgusted face.

The King looked at Princess Young-mi and for a second, he saw the late Queen instead of Princess Young-mi, he cleared his throat, suddenly flustered by his vision.

"Your Majesty, the carriage is ready."

The Royal Family boarded the carriage and made their way through the village and to the edge if the forest, where there were tents set up and seats for the Royals.

There were already many nobles that had arrived. Many servants frantically ran around the area trying to get everything in order before everyone arrived.

"Princess Young-mi, would you like to walk with me?" Queen Soojin asked.

"Of course".

"How have you been these days?" The Queen asked. Even though they lived under the same roof, they don't encounter one another that much, the Palace is huge after all.

"I've been doing great, Your Majesty. Lately, I've been reading love stories. They're really fascinating if you ask me", Princess Young-mi shared her opinion.

"I agree. Speaking of love, has anyone caught your eye? Or has anyone been pursuing you?" the Queen asked.

"No, Your Majesty. No one is interested in a woman like me".

The Queen took the Princess's hand in hers, her thumb rubbing circles.

"Why would you say that about yourself? You're a brilliant and wonderful young lady. I see both the late Queen and King in your eyes. You know, you inherited the love for books from your father, your selflessness from your mother and your stubbornness from both parents. God, whenever the two would fight, neither one would back down. Point is, someone out there is willing to love you regardless of looks or status. Who knows, you may have met him already".

Princess Young-mi smiled at her aunt.

"Your Highnesses, the nobles have arrived", Lady Jang called out to the Queen and Princess. The two Royals walked back to the area and sat down under the tent where their designated seat were.

"Greetings my people, thank you for attending the annual hunting competition. I trust that all of you will be participating, yes?"

"Your Majesty, sorry to intrude but due to my old age, my son would be representing the House of Choi. This is his debut to society, I hope Your Majesty doesn't mind", Choi Eun, a nobleman close to the late King and head of the House of Choi announced.

"Why, of course Lord Choi, where is your son?" King Eodum inquired. Choi Eun gestured for a man to come forward. Suddenly curious, Princess Young-mi craned her neck to get a better view of the man. His figure was familiar.

He wore a belt that contained many arrows and he carries a bow in his hand. His sharp eyes pierced into the Princess'. That's when it hit her.

"Greetings, Your Majesty, I am Choi Yeonjun, son of Lord Choi, and the next head of the House of Choi."