7. ice cream & giggles

Since turning seventeen, Brandi would have one frequent visitor that would drop by her flat at least four times a week. That visitor was Drew and she never understood why he would waste his time like that.

By now, Brandi was a little suspicious about Drew having a thing for her, but she was still Nate's.

"Why do you keep on coming here?" Brandi questioned as she swung the door open, leaving Drew to close it himself.

"I don't know," he said, shrugging. "Your place just feels so home-y."

"Shouldn't your home feel the same?"

"It should, actually, but it really doesn't."

"And why is that?" Brandi asked, plopping down on her couch as Drew stood behind it, supporting his weight with his arms.

"I guess it's because I'm never really at home anymore," he explained. "I can't stay in the same place for too long. Otherwise, I might go crazy."

Brandi used to be like that too, so she could completely understand what Drew was trying to say. It's pretty much why she moved out and bought a flat in the first place. She wanted some sort of foreign atmosphere, but that part of her life was merely just a phase and she often finds herself feeling homesick and lonely. She still loves her flat, though, and she isn't willing to just pack up and leave it– even though that's what she did to her actual house several months before.

"So what do you want to do while you're here?" Brandi asked. She was terrible when it came to entertaining guests.

"Well..." Drew trailed off. "We could always make out again."

Brandi picked up one of the pillows on her couch and threw it directly at his pretty little face. "Stop being cocky! I have a boyfriend, remember?"

"Calm down, it was just a suggestion."

Drew picked the pillow up off the floor and climbed over the couch, so that, now, he was sitting on it and he hugged the pillow, burying his chin into the soft material. Brandi couldn't help but stare at Drew's overwhelming cuteness. He looked like an adorable little puppy as he stared blankly at the flat screen TV in front of him一 which wasn't even on.

"Stop staring at me!" he whined, burying his face even deeper into the pillow. "You're making me uncomfortable."

"Sorry, it's just that you're so一 cute," Brandi replied, blushing a bit.

"Shut up, you have a boyfriend, remember?"

Brandi absolutely hated it when people used her own words against her. It was like receiving a slap in the face from herself, but for some reason she let it pass, only because it was Drew.

"And what a wonderful boyfriend he is," she sighed, not being able to contain her emotions.

"I'm single and you're mocking me with your perfect relationship."

Brandi laughed at this. The beautiful laugh that Drew loved with all his mind, body, and soul.

"I would date you," Brandi said, making Drew perk up a little. "But sadly, I'm not single."

"You're such a heartbreaker," Drew whined. Yes, he liked Brandi a hell lot and he was trying to let her know that, without making it too obvious.

"I would say the same to you, Mr. Dirksen."

"We're calling each other by our last names now?" he questioned. "Can I call you Mrs. Dirksen?"