15. water & wounds

"Come here!" Drew demanded. Brandi had splashed him with water and now, his eye was stinging like crazy. "If I go blind it's going to be all your fault."

"You are such a diva,"Brandi said, already beginning to run away with Drew following close behind. "Catch me if you can."

"You bet I can."

Drew ran as fast as he could to chase after Brandi, but she was like a lightning bolt, or maybe, Drew was just really slow. It was probably the second one though.

Brandi slowed down her pace, sensing that Drew was having quite a hard time catching up to her, and, within moments, she felt herself being lifted off the ground and spun around. She wasn't fond of it, because she could get really dizzy quite easily.

"Drew! Put me down, right now!" she demanded, not having much fun at all.

"Alright," Drew said, giving in. He put her down gently and it looked like she was about to tip over, but Drew couldn't catch her in time and before he knew it, she fell in the water and was engulfed by a huge wave. "Oh my God! Brandi? Are you okay?"

Drew started worrying quite a lot after a few moments and decided to go down and look for Brandi under all of the waves. If she died, it would be his fault and Nate would probably murder him.

After a few moments of poking around in the water, Drew was able to get a hold of Brandi's arm and carry her back to where their clothes were. She was still breathing- much to Drew's relief- and then she started coughing like crazy and he started panicking again.

"Oh God. Please don't die," he begged and Brandi's coughing turned into giggles.

"I'm not going to die, Drew," Brandi said, poking his nose. It was her new favorite thing to do, because she knew it annoyed the hell out of him. "At least, not right now."

"Brandi! You scared the crap out of me!" Drew said, pulling her into a tight hug. He was purposely trying to squeeze her to death for scaring him so much and she could barely breathe.

"Drew, let go," Brandi cried, trying to push herself out of his embrace.

"What's the magic word?"

"Please?"

"Alright," Drew said and loosened his grip on Brandi's body, but he was still hugging her. "I like cuddles."

"I know," Brandi laughed and wrapped her arms around him as well. "I like cuddles too."

"But your cuddles are the best."

"You're a weirdo."

"But I'm your adorable weirdo, right?"

"Of course you are," Brandi giggled as she poked his nose.

"I hate it when you do that," Drew groaned

"And that's exactly why I love doing it."

Brandi's head was resting on Drew's chest and their legs were tangled together as they lay down on the sand. She began tracing patterns onto Drew's chest and he felt a million feelings erupt in his stomach. Drew liked her a lot.

Both of them just lay there in silence, completely entangled in each other, as they stared up at the sky which was already beginning to change colors. Brandi and Drew always enjoyed each other's company and they've never argued at all before. Some people could only dream about a friendship like theirs, because it was so close to perfect.