23. periods & laundry

Surprisingly, Drew decided to stay the night at his house, because him and Kacey had stayed up far too late, just talking about anything and everything, and ended up falling asleep on each other. It had been quite a chilly night and, eventually, Tina had to go in there and wrap both of her children in blankets.

"Drew," Kacey groaned, rolling over to get more comfortable, as Drew's phone began vibrating. "Tell your phone to shut up. I'm sleeping."

Drew yawned in reply and opened his phone, getting blinded for a few seconds, before he checked the caller ID. "It's Brandi."

"Duh, who else would call you?"

"You don't have to be so rude."

"The sun isn't up yet, which means I have every right to be rude right now."

Drew rolled his eyes at her and stumbled out of the room to take the call. He had to take his blanket with him, because it was just that cold, making him look like a walking burrito.

"Hello," he said into the phone.

"Drew," Brandi said and it sounded like she was really tired and upset. "I need you."

He didn't even bother to ask her why. Instead, he went back into the room, put some pants on, and grabbed everything else he needed from various parts of the house, before he went outside, making sure to leave a note for his mom. "I'll be right there."

"Thanks. And I'm really sorry for bothering yo-" Brandi began to say, but Drew cut her off before she could start ranting.

"It's alright. I'd do anything for you, remember?"

"Yeah, anything. I remember."

Drew hung up after that and threw his phone onto the passenger's seat as he started the engine and drove to Brandi's flat- which was really just about ten minutes away if he went by foot, but he was lazy and cars make everything so much easier.

As soon as he parked the car by the driveway and fished for the spare keys she usually hid in the bushes, just in case she forgot hers, he went inside and noticed all the lights were off, except for a dim light in the kitchen. Drew walked over to it and saw Brandi crouched down by the fridge with the door wide open and the light leaking out.

"Hey," he said, quietly, trying not to startle her, but he messed up and she ended up hitting her head on the roof of the fridge.

"Drew!" Brandi exclaimed, before wrapping her arms tightly around his torso and burying her face into his chest. "I've missed you."

"It hasn't even been a day yet."

"I know. It's pretty concerning."

"So, why'd you call me?"

"Go check my bedroom and you'll find out," she replied, popping a single cheese puff into her mouth.

Drew did as he was told and entered her bedroom, where her sheets were all crumpled up on the floor and a red stain leaked through the white fabric. He understood what was going and he had no idea how to handle the situation. It's not like he's experienced anything like this before.

"Did you bring a car?" Brandi questioned, walking up to Drew and wrapping her arms around him. She was shifting all of her weight onto Drew and he found it a little bit difficult to hold her up. He's never seen her this clingy, but he kind of liked it. He felt needed and it was a really good feeling.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I'm all out of clean sheets," she replied. "I've got loads of laundry to do."