20. swings & oatmeal

Drew hadn't been home at all for more than a week, and he knew his parents (and maybe even his sister, although, he highly doubted it) were starting to wonder about his whereabouts and why he hasn't come home yet, but he was too happy staying with Brandi to even care, or let them know he was okay.

"Drew," Brandi cooed, waking up from her slumber. She'd been lying down on Drew's arm for about an hour and it had fallen asleep in the process.

"Yes, baby?" Drew absolutely adored calling her that. He absolutely adored her.

"I really like you," Brandi whispered in his ear. It was like she was trying to keep it a secret. She didn't want anyone else to know but the two of them. "I like you a lot."

"I do too."

Brandi was completely delirious and out of her mind, meaning she was probably going to talk bullshit for the next few minutes and Drew would have to put up with it. In the state she was in, he tried his best not to take anything she said to heart, because he knew it was just her crazy mind doing the talking.

"Guess what day it is," Drew said, smiling down at Brandi as she latched herself onto his arm.

"I'm not supposed to have it for another two weeks," Brandi said, looking quite confused. Drew's cheeks started heating up at the words she'd said. That wasn't what he meant at all and now, he just wanted to bury himself in pillows and die.

"No, it's Tuesday," he said, still a little embarrassed. "You usually go out for breakfast on Tuesdays, and I just thought I'd remind you."

Brandi stared at him for quite a while with a look on her face that was very hard to read. Drew wasn't sure if it was sadness, or anger, or simply just blank, but it made him squirm as he looked away for a few moments.

"Drew," she cooed, wrapping her arms around his neck, before pecking his lips. "You don't have to copy Nate. We're over. I really like you, and the way that you are."

Drew didn't know how he got such a perfect girl to like him this much, but he was really thankful. Brandi made him feel better about himself. She was the only one cheering him on and he really liked her for being such an amazing human being. Plus, she was fucking gorgeous and Drew liked her for that too.

"I just want to be good for you," Drew said, sheepishly, as he adjusted the beanie on his head.

"You're already the best," Brandi replied, rubbing her nose against his, which was a nice change, because it didn't bother him as much. "But breakfast does sound good right now. I just don't want to go out."

"We've been locked in your flat for ages! I need fresh air!" Drew groaned.

He'd barely seen any sunlight for the past few days and he was starting to go mental. Brandi was noticing it too.

"We can eat on the front porch, come on."

Drew rolled out of bed and picked his hoodie up off the floor- it had been really hot last night, so he decided to take it off- before he followed Brandi into the kitchen, where she was searching the fridge for any food.

"All I have is oatmeal," she said, holding up a couple of packs. Drew didn't really like oatmeal, but, knowing that there was nothing else she could serve him, he just nodded his head. He was trying to not be such a diva, because he felt like Brandi found it annoying, when, in reality, she found it really cute. "Shall I make us some?"

"Yes, please," Drew replied, kissing her cheek as she got two bowls out of the dishwasher and started making their breakfast. "I'll be outside."

"Okay."

Drew walked out of the kitchen and out the front door, onto the front porch, where he was supposed to wait for Brandi and his breakfast. The street her flat was on had always been quite peaceful. No one seemed to bother anyone and Drew liked that, because his place was usually a madhouse and it really stressed him out at times.

From the corner of his eye, Drew saw Nate driving down the road. He slowed down as he reached Brandi's house and just stared at it for a moment, but, when he spotted Drew standing there, Nate just shook his head and hit the steering wheel, before he sped off in the other direction. It was a pretty sad thing to witness, because he was probably thinking about all the moments and time he'd spent in Brandi's flat and now, he couldn't even bring himself to look at it for more than a few seconds.

"Here's your breakf- what are you looking at?" Brandi questioned, cutting herself off and joining Drew on the swing, where she noticed how distant his gaze was.

"Oh, nothing," he replied quickly as he got the bowl of oatmeal from her hands. "Just got a little bit lost in my thoughts."

"Well, what's been going on in that head of yours?" Brandi asked, resting her head on Drew's shoulder while she dragged her spoon around the contents in her bowl.

"It's mostly about you. I think about you too much. Every one of my thoughts is about you and I don't know whether to feel good or concerned about that."

"I think," Brandi started, looking up at the sky, then at Drew, then back to the sky, before smiling really wide. "I think you're adorable."

"I know you do," Drew laughed as he put his oatmeal down beside him- while he silently prayed that it wouldn't spill all over the place- and wrapped both of his arms around Brandi. "You've told me that, at least, a million times."

"Well, you never really get tired of me saying it, do you?"

"No. As a matter of fact, I don't." Drew smiled and placed a kiss on Brandi's forehead, making her cuddle up to him even more. And once again, Nate's car passed by. This time, speeding along and leaving no time to see what was unraveling on Brandi's front porch. Maybe Nate had seen it, maybe not. There wasn't any certainty. But everyone knew he missed her; maybe a little too much. And seeing her move on so quickly must have hurt like hell.

Maybe, it wasn't Drew getting in the middle of Nate and Brandi. Maybe, it was him getting in the middle of her and Drew.

~

a/n: pretty chill chapter idk it feels like i havent updated in forever and my life is so empty without this story.

in other news, connor ball followed me on twitter which was really fucking amazing.

also, i've been feeling kind of down lately. like really really really down and writing makes me feel better so here's a sort of cutesy sort of sad update for y'all

brew is like my otp and they're so adorable but i srsly cry over brate. like, i cant cope.

now im just rambling dammit. love u guys bye xx

(( dedicated to @.MinhoNewtieTommy because i think she's rad and i really like her comments ))