22. sisters & confrontations

Drew woke up the following morning with his head leaning against the steering wheel of his car, while Brandi was in the backseat humming some kind of tune. They were both still at the beach and Drew had no idea how Brandi was able to transfer him to the driver's seat. He wasn't really the lightest guy out there.

"Good morning, Drew," Brandi said, finally noticing that Drew was awake, and pecking his lips once, before going back to her previous position in the backseat.

"Hey, what happened to no kisses for a day?"

"Don't think I didn't feel that sneaky one you pulled on me last night, because I did."

Drew began to rub the back of his neck, nervously, and mentally scolded himself for being so stupid. Why did he even do that? It was late and he was delirious, that's why.

"Sorry," he said, sheepishly, as he felt his cheeks heating up and they only turned even redder when Brandi planted a kiss on them.

"You're adorable," she replied, and by this time, Drew's entire face was heating up. "You give great cuddles."

"Uh, thanks."

Drew twisted the key into the ignition and the engine roared to life. He promised Kacey that he would go home, for once, but he'd probably end up going back to Brandi's flat and spending another week living with her, or something like that, before he repeated the cycle. He loved being around his family, but he also loved being with Brandi and would rather take that road.

"I'm going home today," Drew said as Brandi tried her best to climb back into the passenger's seat without falling over.

"That's great! You've been living in my flat for weeks!"

"I know. That's pretty much why I'm going back."

Drew suddenly remembered his phone conversation with his sister last night, and he just blanked out for a second— nearly making him drive off the road. He'd told Kacey what he'd been trying to hide for a while now, but it seemed to make his load so much heavier. Drew still had to ask Brandi out on a date, and then ask her to be his girlfriend, and he didn't know what would happen from there. But one thing was very clear. He was in love.

"Hey Brandi?" he said, anxiously. One little question wouldn't hurt.

"Yeah?" she replied, already opening the car door and beginning to get out as Drew pulled over in front of her flat.

"Where do you want to be in the future? Let's say, ten years from now?"

Brandi looked up for a moment, contemplating on an answer to give him, and Drew could feel his heart start aching from anticipation.

"Hopefully, I'll be, happily, settled down by then," Brandi replied, giving him a sly smile, before pecking his lips. "And hopefully, I'll be settled down with you."

Drew swallowed hard. He didn't know why, but he felt so much pressure pressing down on him. Like, it was his job to make sure Brandi's future was perfect.

"Bye," he said, but she'd already slammed the car door and started walking towards the front porch as she fumbled with her house keys. "See you later."

~

"Drew!" Tina said, excitedly, as she saw her son walk through the front door. She hadn't seen him in a while and the house was just too quiet for her liking without him around. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, mom," Drew replied, kissing her cheek.

"So, how are you and that girl doing?"