28. levi and drew

Brandi had gone back to her house to stay the week, because, apparently, she missed her family. She tried to make Drew come with her so he could have dinner with her family this time. Although, just thinking about having dinner with the Jones' was enough to make him nervous. He wasn't quite ready yet.

She'd texted Drew earlier that day, asking him if he could pick her up and take her to their secret beach, and, being the good boyfriend that he was striving to be, Drew was in his car at 8 AM - barely awake and very cranky - to pick his girlfriend up at her house, on the other side of town.

"Oh, hey Drew," Levi said, waving at Drew, as he pulled up in front of their driveway. He didn't know why the hell Levi was up so early, but judging by the way his eyes were slightly drooping, Drew could tell that he didn't want to be awake yet either. "What are you doing here?"

"Picking Brandi up," Drew replied, tiredly, slamming the car door shut. "She wanted me to drive her to the beach."

"But I already took her. I just got back actually."

"What?"

"I'm pretty sure she texted you."

Drew immediately pulled his phone out of the pocket of his sweatpants and opened his messages.

brandi boo: hi again. you don't have to pick me up anymore. I just asked levi to take me instead.

brandi boo: pls don't get up. im sorry for bothering you. go back to sleep babe. i know how tired you are xx

"Oh," Drew said, after reading the two messages he'd failed to see earlier.

Levi snickered as he stole a glance at the screen of Drew's phone. "Brandi boo?"

"Shut up," Drew said as his cheeks began turning pink, which will then become bright red. He couldn't even say that Brandi put that name in there, because he was the one who made up the name.

"You guys are gross."

"You're just jealous, because, the last time I checked, you don't have a girlfriend."

"Can we not go down that road?" Levi said, holding his hand up. "I'm perfectly happy being single."

Drew stared at their huge house for a while, then at the cloudy sky, before looking at Levi, once again.

"Well, since I'm already here, why don't we, like, hang out? I'm always with your sister, so, it would be a nice change," Drew said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Levi questioned.

"Gross, no," Drew replied, almost immediately. "I meant a guys day out or something."

"Oh, yeah. That would be fun."

"Well, then let's go!"

~

Drew and Levi were currently at the mall, just walking around, and occasionally going into a story whenever either of them see something they like.

"Brandi talks about you a lot," Levi said. It was such a random comment that Drew found himself caught off guard.

"What?"

"She really, really, really, likes you, Drew. You make her so happy."

Drew smiled at what Levi had said. He knew that he'd made a big impact in Brandi's life, but he didn't know he'd affected her as much as he did. He couldn't quite wrap his head around it, because it was just so amazing to him.