108. Can't Go Back

Will be addressing something at the end so please make sure to look at the notes at the end of the chapter :) 

Steven was in his bathroom, finishing his bedtime routine as he closed the mirror cabinet. He yawns loudly and turns to the bathtub.

"Goodnight, Peridot." Steven says to her as he sees Peridot is lying in the bathtub, sleeping, together with Pumpkin, while droplets of water drips from the faucet onto Peridot's gem. 

Steven then returns back to his room and lies down in his bed

"Nothing left to do, but dream." Steven says content as he gets cozy and is about to fall asleep, when a loud banging is heard at the front door.

"Steeveeeeen! STEEEVEEEEEEEN! STE.."

Steven unenthusiastically walks up to the door and opens it to see Ronaldo."

"Ronaldo, it's the middle of the night." Steven says annoyed.

"You have to come to the lighthouse. I found something weird." Ronaldo tells him.

Steven starts rubbing his eye. "You found something weird everyday since my dad got you that telescope."

"I know, I'm amazing. You won't believe my latest discovery. There's something on the moon! " Ronaldo points at the moon.

"Can't you call Nanefua?" Steven asks.

"Not a fourth time!" Ronaldo replies.

Ronaldo brings Steven to the telescope at the top of the lighthouse, who uses it to gaze at the Moon Base.

"This is the Moon Base. It's always been there." Steven tells him.

Ronaldo gasps shocked. "You have a moon base!? I have so many questions! One, why didn't you tell me about your moon base? Two, take me to your moon base. Three. why does it look like a barn?"

"It doesn't look like a ba- Wa-ait, what!?" Steven looks through the telescope again and finds the Barn, fitted in a crater of the moon. "Lapis...I need to get Lion, but he's staying at Y/n's." Steven says to himself as he quickly hurries off. 

Steven, Y/n and Lion warps to the Moon Base via Lion's magical portals, and Lion collides into the wall from the sheer velocity, slumping over in exhaustion.

"Good boy Lion." Y/n says as he pets Lion's mane. "You've earned those Steaks again." 

"That super warp takes a lot out of you, huh?" Steven says as Lion yawns loudly.

Steven then yawns as well. "You and me, buddy. You stay here and rest up, okay?"

Steven and Y/n then proceed to step out of the Moon Base inside Steven's bubble shield as they work together to roll it toward the barn.