20. The Brand of a Brando

"I don't know where he hid the scorpion but this baby is a stand user! Look at the wounds on my arm! These words! They are a warning! It has to be from the dreams!" Kakyoin exclaimed desperately, his eyes screaming insane yet pleading.

He shows the words engraved into his hand in which everyone was surprised. Has Kakyoin gone mad?

"Oh my god!"

"Kakyoin!"

"Kakyoin, The wounds on your arm, did you do that yourself?" Jotaro asked.

"Kichou! Please believe me!" Kakyoin pleaded as Kichou was still stunned. She cannot process what is happening.

Out of desperation, Kakyoin summons Heirophant. "Fine! Then I will do it with brute force!"

"Kakyoin!" 

"Man, you're completely insane!" Polnareff declared, hitting Kakyoin at his nape rendering him unconscious. This horrified Kichou.

"Kakyoin can't go on anymore?" Polnareff asked everybody who was still concious.

"I don't know... We'll see tomorrow." Mr. Joestar says also quiet unsure.

Kichou looks at Kakyoin. "Come to think of it... Kakyoin had been cautious whether we were being followed or not." Kichou deduced. "And he has never been wrong so far." the young woman looked at Jotaro and Mr. Joestar with a look of wonder.

The three men looked at each other. "You believed him?" Mr. Joestar asked. 

"We've encountered an Ape, a bug, a ghost town, even the sun... A baby is not too far fetched from reality." Kichou says. 

Mr. Joestar shook his head. "Let's sleep. Also before anything else, I need to talk to you."

Kichou nodded as Mr. Joestar lead her a few meters away from the camp. Jotaro and Polnareff can still see their two companions yet cannot hear what they were talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kichou, can you tell me about your family?" Mr. Joestar asked.

That's very strange, Jotaro has been asking the same thing. Kichou doesn't talk much with her family. Honestly, she cant remember much about her childhood. But she never questions it. There have been studies that some older adults retain fewer than might otherwise be expected given the passage of time.

And that's normal... Right?

"My mother's name is Apolline Brando while my dad is Kenjiro Nohime. My mom is British and my dad is Japanese making me half. My Paternal Grandfather died before I was born while my Paternal grandmother live in Okinawa. I don't know my maternal grandparents." Kichou says  sounding a bit unsure. She cupped her head frowning. Is she missing something she should have remembered?

Mr. Joestar pitied the young woman. He doesn't feel much hostility with her so it would be possible that she doesn't know much.

"I don't know Mr. Joestar. That is how much I can tell you. I don't remember much about my childhood. But if it helps, I saw from my mother's death certificate, her real name. Apolline Edevane Brando." She says.

Joseph looks at her. "Did you know Dio was a human once?"

Kichou nodded, she knew the story. Avdol once told her about it.

"As a human, he had a name. A family, a father... Even a lover." He says slowly introducing Dio's background to her.

Kichou looks at Mr. Joestar confused.