05. The Frenchman Who Couldn't Woo

Hong Kong! New island, new culture! But Kichou wasn't feeling it as she still felt unnerved about the attack. How many attacks should surprise them just to reach Egypt?

Mr. Joestar was still contacting someone over the phone booth so the rest of the group have to wait across the road. While the three big men stood there waiting for the elder Joestar, Kichou leaned over between the pillar of two stores.

"Hey big guy!" A voice reached through her ears as Kichou looked at the source of the voice. It came from the cunning looking store owner. "You aren't from here right? Want some rice porridge? Can't come to Hong Kong without trying our dim sum or rice porridge." The guy proudly brags, noticing the girl looking at him. He then resumes to his talk.

"I'll even treat your hot silverette friend over there. We also have hot cola, beautiful miss."

Kakyoin interrupted the man as he though loudly. "Rice porridge, eh? Not bad." He then look over the bulky stoic man and initiated the conversation. "Did you know that unlike in Japan, rice porridge is a staple in Hong Kong." 

As Kakyoin was about to order, the shop seller then again looked at Kichou with a predatory look. "I'll have your order for free miss, if you'll just let me take you on a date." He winked. 

Jotaro's frown got deeper as he decided to intervene with the seller's ruthless flirting. "My girlfriend can pay for her own food. Thanks." He replied as Mr. Joestar thankfully decided to interrupt them to inform them that they are going to eat in another place, which made Kichou sighed in relief.

Jotaro grabbed Kichou's hand as he dragged her out of the seller's sharp eyes. Kichou sighed in relief. "Thank you Jotaro."

Jotaro just hummed in appreciation. And the group went into a restaurant to discuss their plans futher.

~~~

The group started discussing over the table as they planned for the rest of the trip. One often suggesting better ways to go there. Kichou stayed silent as she felt the maligned intent that filled the atmosphere. Somebody was there looking for a way to ambush them.

"Kichou, are you okay?" Avdol asks as he noticed the girl keeping herself out of the conversation.

"With that Dio being as wicked as stories were told, it would be impossible for us to have a peaceful and pleasant journey. Say for example, right now someone is watching us." Kichou warned as the boys looked at her, trying to decipher what she meant by that.

As Mr. Joestar tries to ask her about what she meant, a Frenchman with a towering silver hair approached them. 

"Excuse me! Sorry to be a bother. I'm a traveler from France, Madamoiselle. I can't read this Chinese menu. Could you help decipher it for me?" The Frenchman directly asked in which annoyed Jotaro.

"You're annoying. Get out of here." 

"Come on Jotaro, give him a break." Mr. Joestar reprimanded lightly. 

Kakyoin laughed at Jotaro's reaction. "Well, we can't blame our Kichou for being hit left and right. She's a lovely and pretty person." He complimented as Kichou hid her beet red face under the menu.

"Avdol, please remind me to cover my face later." In which Avdol looked at her out of pity. Nobody had objected to Kakyoin's compliment as they knew it was true.

Mr. Joestar invited the Frenchman to sit with them and conversed with them. Kichou stayed silent as she still harbored the feeling of being watched. Yet her menace radar was pointing over the Frenchman sitting between Avdol and Mr. Joestar and was directly facing her.