Chapter 1

Biiib biiiib biiiiib!! I turned around in my bed to shut off my alarm and get ready for the day. With a skip out of bed, I put Spotify on and began humming while getting ready for the day. My outfit for the day consisted of black high-waisted skinny jeans, a Harvard hoodie, and my black cap to keep my face hidden from the other people walking around campus. I seriously hate attention and being in the public searchlight therefore the reason for my flat outfit hiding me totally from sight. I also put my long golden wavy hair to the waist up in a low bun so people can't comment on my hair or touch it without my permission. I brushed my teeth as I kept humming and spit the toothpaste out when I was done. My teeth are white and straight but only because I have worn braces when I was younger, and my teeth are just naturally white which is quite nice.

"Hey hummingbird, are you ready for school yet we are going to get late if you don't hurry up your slow ass"

"Wait what, what is the time!?" I asked as panic rose inside me. This happens every morning and I never learn from it, the time just always runs from me, like what the hell why does the time move so fast!

"It's 7, thirty so if you don't want to be late for school at 8 meet me in the hall in 5 minutes"

My roomie said as she moved out to get ready for school. Hurriedly I started getting ready, found my backpack, and made sure everything was in it before slipping on my Birkenstock and getting out the door without waiting for my roomie.

"Hey Amelia, wait for me you little poop!" she yelled after me

"Sorry Laura, you know how I am, I hate getting late but get your sorry ass up here if you don't wanna be late as well!"

"Always the same," I think I heard her mumble as she came near me, and we started running towards our first lecture of the day at 8 a clock.

Normally our classes don't start until 9 a clock at least but Mondays are just the worst since they start at 8 a clock in the morning and I always forget it which is every Monday making us nearly late to our first lecture meaning we have to run so we don't get late. And like usual we get totally out of breath into our first lecture just making it as the teacher comes going in after us.

"Pheew we made it, again," Laura said to me with a pointed look which I just shrugged my shoulder at giving her a smile and a little laugh.

The class started and my attention drew towards the teacher explaining and shoving us today's work and homework. Luckily today we didn't have to do any group work since I hate that and would much rather do it myself although I know it's important to be able to communicate with others and understand each other. Soon enough next lesson started, and the hours flew by until it was time for me to work at Restaurant Addicted just around the corner of our apartment complex laying on campus. I changed into work clothes and made my way to work on time and started serving the customers. I have worked here for 2 years and I am still bad at serving customers, coming out with the food, and so on. I'm so good at so many other things but this thing about serving others I just can't figure out how to do. I am so bad that I have multiple times nearly been fired for being too bad at doing my job and somehow, I kept myself on the fine line of working here or getting fired and still work here today. I know for sure that working in a restaurant and anything similar to that is not something I will ever do again when I get my degree and can work with what I really want.

Just 9 months left, and I am done with university and I can move back to Spain to my family and my little sister. Oh how I miss them, I haven't seen them in 8 months except a week in the vacation before I had to come back for work or I couldn't save money up for the apartment and school since my parents only pay a little more than half of my school. Luckily, I only have like 3 months left before I see them again at Christmas where I will fly to Spain for a few days and visit them and exchange gifts and hugs. The clock strikes 10 pm and I am on my way home from a 7-hour shift exhausted but can't sleep yet since I have to do homework for tomorrow. Fortunately, my classes firstly start at 10 am tomorrow and I'm already off at 12 again so I can go home do some homework and sleep a little before going for a run and buying groceries with me home for the week where I will meet Laura at the shop so we can carry the things home together.

____

First chapter out, know it's not much but hope it sparks your interest a little:) See you in the next chapter<3